Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2016 11:29:12 AM EDT
I wrote this article a few months back to hopefully help anyone who might be interested in getting into competitive shooting.  While it's all common knowledge to people who are already into the sport, there are a lot of misconceptions by people on the outside looking in.

Feel free to share this with anyone who might find it helpful.  Also, let me know if you have any additional info that should be added.

http://shootingsportscalendar.com/beginners-guide-to-action-pistol-shooting/

(I know that the calendar portion of the site is extremely slow.  I'm working to figure out how to speed it up.)
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 7:05:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't forget Steel Challenge.  Also a great sport for beginners (rimfire divisions are a plus).
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 7:15:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wtturn:
Don't forget Steel Challenge.  Also a great sport for beginners (rimfire divisions are a plus).
View Quote

Anything with a fast stage reset is a plus. That's what burns most people out of competition is how long it takes.

8 hours to shoot for 2 minutes…
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 9:40:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the writeup.  I'm about 3 weeks out from my first attempt at USPSA, and getting plenty nervous!
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 6:13:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Parke1:
Thanks for the writeup.  I'm about 3 weeks out from my first attempt at USPSA, and getting plenty nervous!
View Quote
Don't feel bad.  I've been shooting USPSA for over a year now and I still get nervous as hell.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top