Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2016 10:13:36 AM EDT
Hello,

OK, did my first USPSA last week. Did a few Steel shoots before that. So I am getting into this for sure. So far I d not think I am being hampered by gear but did want to check into things with those who have been doing this longer. I use a Glock 19.4 for these shoots. I know to "win" I should use a G34 but I wanted to use what I carried (I am a cliche I know). So this is what I am using:

Glock 19.4 w/ TTI sights - Still getting used to the sights at range (15yd+).
RCS OWB holster
RCS Dual mag pouch.

I have read that the RCS holster is great for concealment but not for these shoots. I was considering a Blade tech Revolution perhaps. Anyways would love some feedback.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:33:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't change anything for a few months.  Use your current setup because, as you noted, it isn't holding you back.  In a few months you'll know more and will have soaked up enough info to make good gear decisions.

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 11:29:32 AM EDT
[#2]
^^what he said

I bought the revolution setup for my Glock 21. It's ok
I also bought this for my Glock 17. For the extra $30 it was well worth it
http://shop.blade-tech.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_130&products_id=6846#.VssoNub1f1I

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 11:31:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 11:46:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't change anything for a few months.  Use your current setup because, as you noted, it isn't holding you back.  In a few months you'll know more and will have soaked up enough info to make good gear decisions.

View Quote

Sounds good and yes right now my gear (Including pistol) outperforms me.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 12:10:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Mine still outperforms me.  

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:48:57 AM EDT
[#6]
I shoot an HK45 out of raven concealment gear. I'm A class in production and M is plenty possible given a little practice.

Your gear does not matter at the lower levels of the sport. At the high end of M class I may need to look into gear tweaks if I want to break into the GM realm. Until then I'm definitely the weak link.

Use what you have assuming it's quality gear (sounds like it is). After shooting for a while you may find what you'd like to change for convenience, depending on your personal shooting goals. At that point go for it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 10:42:41 AM EDT
[#7]
I always see Uspsa shooters with 5 mag pouches and mags.  Is this actually necessary?
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 10:56:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Depends on the stage and where you plan to do reloads. For limited capacity divisions the most I can really remember ever using was 4 (including the one in the gun). That being said it doesn't hurt to have the extra peace of mind with a spare or two.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 11:28:11 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I always see Uspsa shooters with 5 mag pouches and mags.  Is this actually necessary?
View Quote

If you shoot Singlestack major for sure.

Production you could get away with 4 mags on the belt 99% of the time but that 1% you're boned.  Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Link Posted: 3/9/2016 12:39:53 PM EDT
[#10]
SS Major - 5 is the min for me. I am much happier with 6 (even though I rarely need beyond 4)
For REV I have eight 8 round moon clips plus one in the gun. I rarely go beyond 5 but it never hurts to have extra. I did use 7 on one stage Sunday due to malfunctions.

Even in Prod I carry at least 5 mags. You never know when a malfunction might require another mag and some stages are smoother with more reloads.
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 1:33:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Production you could get away with 4 mags on the belt 99% of the time but that 1% you're boned.  Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I always ran 4 on the belt and 1 in the gun for both Limited and Production. Can't recall a single time where I wish I had more.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 7:03:02 AM EDT
[#12]
I have been rocking just a dual mag holder for production. Works for 80% of the stages. Those other 20% though? third mag in back pocket (Starting mag in front pocket). Obviously this is not optimal and I plan on expanding to 4 mag pouches on the belt very soon.
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 11:12:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Yeah, it's better to have them & not need them then need them & not have them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top