BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 10:37:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kevin86944:
Uspsa production. I like the "freestyle" approach to engaging targets. Production because my m&p is box stock. I do have a new comp-tac holster that I love. I have a set of Dawson Precision sights that are going on on Tuesday. Just in time for Saturday's match.
View Quote

Talk about a slippery slope! Still production, but now with a performance center core, Dawson sights, apex action enhancement kit, Wolff recoil spring, Dawson sights.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 2:53:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I started shooting IDPA CCP division the other night.  Enjoying it a lot.  using my more concealed pistol for it.  A Taurus PT111 G2.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 5:32:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jeepinbanditrider:
I started shooting IDPA CCP division the other night.  Enjoying it a lot.  using my more concealed pistol for it.  A Taurus PT111 G2.
View Quote

Just got home from my first IDPA match shooting my pt111 g2 also. I must say I enjoyed it also. But it definitely made me realize how much more I have to learn than just the range plinking I've ever done.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 1:08:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I haven't shot a match in three years but just bought IDPA and USPSA memberships and plan on doing at least two matches a month probably one of each when it warms up. I'm going to start going to a new range also the one I shoot is bench or standing only no moving and will not allow you to use a holster on the range.

Also kind of debating on what class to shoot in; before as a non-member I shot a few IDPA/CDP matches and shot a qualifier as Sharpshooter. I still have a 1911, but also put an APEX trigger and magwell on an M&P9 Pro to shoot ESP. The more I read it sounds like that would be a rookie move and that most competition is in production or I could stick with CDP.

I have a CZ Shadow 2 on order (but who knows when that will show up) to shoot production in both IDPA and USPSA, along with it I have a pretty good stockpile of 9mm and ordered some paper targets and pasters so I can go out and practice shooting drills.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 9:54:48 AM EDT
[#5]
CDP and ESP, already have a 1911 and a Hi Power
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 9:49:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Production because I carry the G19 and had the mags.  Only had to spend like $40 to get the rest.  

Also, I'm in a mag ban state, so it's either Production or Limited 10 for me.

Just started this Spring, so I'm sticking with Production for the foreseeable future.  Will probably upgrade to the G34 at some point.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 11:52:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Production, minor. I can use my EDC and I just started last year and just local matches.
Also just joined the USPSA, so I might get a classification this year.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 2:40:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Young-Kiwi] [#8]
Shoot IPSC mostly;
why? simple.... Freedom!
Briefing; there are 11 Paper targets, shoot as seen from within the demarcated area.
Commands; Are you ready, stand by, Beep!  If you have finished, unload and show clear.

Started with revolver, swapped to a better revolver in 1994, Bought a Glock 17 and joined Production in 1995, then joined Standard in 2005, and have just recently bought a Classic gun.
So i'll now focus on classic division. (Still have all guns, ammo and holsters, etc for all divisions.

now...
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 7:04:00 AM EDT
[#9]
USPSA - I shoot Limited (Minor) and Production with a G19.4. Once it arrives I will be switching to a G34.3.

I toy with the idea of doing CO as well but for right now I want to concentrate on the two above and get a lot better.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:22:34 AM EDT
[#10]
I shoot CDP and SSP... because they're what I carry.

When allowed by the rules I use the same holsters and concealment as what I carry.

train like you fight, fight like you train

Link Posted: 6/22/2017 3:54:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Used to shoot production way back when.

Now I shoot limited minor because I don't own a 40 or a 45, and I mostly shoot 3-gun so I am not motivated to buy another pistol just to make major for the few USPSA matches that I shoot.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top