Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2015 10:36:38 PM EDT
Right now I am shooting a 1911 45 for single stack and a glock 22 in prod with a 131 PF load.  (I have 2 5gal buckets of 40 brass so I don't care if I lose it)

I like to practice with a glock 17 as I can load the 9mm cheaper than 40 and 45.  Would it be worth looking in to a 9mm 1911 or spend the cash on more ammo both 9 and 45.  Im having a hard time telling if going back and forth from glock to 1911 is hurting me.  Thoughts??
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 11:09:58 AM EDT
[#1]
If you get joy out of shooting both divisions, then keep at it.  But you might consider consolidating into one division, especially if you're looking to be hyper-competitive.

Alternatively, you could sell off your .40 stuff and just shoot the G17 in production.  

Alternatively, you could indeed buy a 9mm 1911.  Lots of guys are shooting singlestack minor these days.

I don't think the Glock to 1911 and vice versa switch is a big deal if you're diligently dryfiring the one you intend to shoot before matches.

Honestly, I'd say just keep on doing what you're doing and spend the money on reloading components instead of a new gun.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 11:22:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Or get a 40 cal 1911.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 7:30:16 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks guys I think I will just do a little more dry fire and save the cash for more reloading stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top