Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2015 9:32:29 AM EDT
So Max Michel posted a pic of his 320 that was stippled up. I thought that was a no go but apparently I was wrong. Did some searching and see several people refer to production stippling.

I don't have a current USPSA rulebook so I was hoping you guys could square me away on what was allowed and where. Is it like the skateboard tape and can only be applied on the grip and not change the profile?? There is a Glock 35 for sale here locally that was stippled up by the takedown lever. I assumed it was not legal but if it is I might consider it.

Link Posted: 3/23/2015 9:48:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 10:01:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the quick reply that is exactly what I'm looking for. Pretty much what I remembered except I thought it was limited to tape and did not include stippling.

While it didn't mention it on that page i guess magazine basepads are also ok for grip tape?

Guess I need to get my ass back in the game.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 12:55:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 1:05:56 PM EDT
[#4]
years ago,  at an Area match, I saw a production div. glock shooter get bumped to OPEN for having grip-tape on his trigger guard

he offered tp peel it off, but the RO said it was too late

shooter smiled and said "guess I don't need to load these mags to 10 anymore"

Link Posted: 3/23/2015 1:17:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
years ago,  at an Area match, I saw a production div. glock shooter get bumped to OPEN for having grip-tape on his trigger guard

he offered tp peel it off, but the RO said it was too late

shooter smiled and said "guess I don't need to load these mags to 10 anymore"

View Quote

At least that was a legit violation. My buddy got bumped because he had wraparound Hogues on his CZ. Less than a year later Amidon posted that it was allowed in his front sight column
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 12:55:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top