Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2015 7:12:29 PM EDT
Been shooting ssp for a few years and just got my xdm 5.25 in 9mm.  So after reading rules  8.2.2.2 I can add a magwell and a  drop in trigger as long as I fit in the box and stay under the weight? Iam Looking to add http://shop.powderriverprecision.net/product.sc?productId=73&categoryId=3  
And this one of thse http://shop.springerprecision.com/product.sc?productId=266&categoryId=43
and some base pads.  Let me know what you all think.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 1:19:03 PM EDT
[#1]
well after some 70 views and no replies I thank every one for their time. My magwell and base pasepads will be here in todays mail, So I will let every one know what I think.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 1:34:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like if it is under the weight and fits in the box you'll be ok.

Watch the weight on the individual mags too. There are some rules about that

Aftermarket magazine base pads may be used provided they do not make the magazine
weight more than 1.50 oz/42.5 grams over the same capacity factory magazine.
8.2.2.2.32. Magazine base pads may be modified by reshaping, texturing, or adding bumper pads
provided that they do not make the magazine weigh more than 1.50 oz/42.5 grams over the same
capacity factory magazine.
8.2.2.2.33. Magazin
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 6:18:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks miker, I dont have a sizing box at home or a scale to check everything. But When I did order them from springer they where advertised to fit the IDPA box and meet the weight. Once I found the right punch, the magwell installed without a hitch and the basepads slide on.  Will post pictures the next time iam at the rang which should be on Saturday.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 6:30:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I see people running guns as SSP that are probably ESP at our club matches because no one really checks. I do shoot some real sanctioned matches and don't want to get the boot for "illegal" gear so I'm very cautious.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 9:56:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't think you can actually use that trigger itself. You can use the sear and all the internal components.  The trigger would be considered a visible external modification I believe.

8.2.1.3.7 Internal action work may be used to enhance trigger pull as long as safety is maintained (no visible external modifications allowed).
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:28:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't think you can actually use that trigger itself. You can use the sear and all the internal components.  The trigger would be considered a visible external modification I believe.

8.2.1.3.7 Internal action work may be used to enhance trigger pull as long as safety is maintained (no visible external modifications allowed).
View Quote

^^^^^Just speaking from the Glock world, this is true. If the trigger is visibly different from stock then you are ESP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top