Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2015 2:02:13 AM EDT
Heard there might be a rule change or a class added to IDPA allowing use of RMR'd pistols...2-3 manufacturers now with factory guns sporting  RMR's...I have been EDC CCW an RMR' G19 fir 3+ years now...sure would be nice...
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 6:09:09 PM EDT
[#1]
That will not be in the new rule book, they asked if people wanted an optics division, or a compact carry pistol division, and ended up going with the CCP.

They did say this, "For those that were hoping for an optic division, we are still going to explore the possibility of adding that in the future, Until then, you can still compete with one in the Not For Competition division at the club level should your MD allow that option."

Which could mean next year, could mean never.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:15:52 PM EDT
[#2]
concealed carry pistol division? Thought IDPA's divsions were based off concealed carry?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 1:27:29 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

concealed carry pistol division? Thought IDPA's divsions were based off concealed carry?
View Quote
It's actually "compact carry pistol" I misremembered the email.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:36:21 PM EDT
[#4]
No RMRs with the new rule book due out this week.  From the 01/19/15 eblast.

http://idpaforum.yuku.com/topic/11668/IDPA-Eblast-for-1192015#.VMaI0P7F98E
For those that were hoping for an optic division, we are still going to explore the possibility of adding that in the future, Until then, you can still compete with one in the Not For Competition division at the club level should your MD allow that option.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:46:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote

It's for all the people shooting Glock 19s in SSP that complain when they get beat by people shooting Glock 34s.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 5:55:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

It's for all the people shooting Glock 19s in SSP that complain when they get beat by people shooting Glock 34s.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm actually a little disappointed they didn't cut the barrel length back to 3.75. That would have eliminated Glock 19s, Sig p229, CZ compacts, etc, but would have allowed for the Glock 26, M&Pc, Officer model 1911, p224, XDs, Shield, etc.

But I guess when they beefed up the Bug gun stuff, they wanted something in the middle. Especially since they bumped it to 6 rounds instead of 5, and they removed the part about not allowing people to reload on the clock. Now BUG can be in regular matches, or be made into a side match.

Overall, pretty good changes. I haven't found anything that bothers me yet.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:42:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm actually a little disappointed they didn't cut the barrel length back to 3.75. That would have eliminated Glock 19s, Sig p229, CZ compacts, etc, but would have allowed for the Glock 26, M&Pc, Officer model 1911, p224, XDs, Shield, etc.    

But I guess when they beefed up the Bug gun stuff, they wanted something in the middle. Especially since they bumped it to 6 rounds instead of 5, and they removed the part about not allowing people to reload on the clock. Now BUG can be in regular matches, or be made into a side match.

BUG got supper sized big time, especial BUG-Revolver.  You can get two 442/642 revolver in the BUG box and still be well under the weight limit.  A S&W 686 (L-Frame) with a 3 inch barrel is now a BUG gun.  WTF

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:33:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BUG got supper sized big time, especial BUG-Revolver.  You can get two 442/642 revolver in the BUG box and still be well under the weight limit.  A S&W 686 (L-Frame) with a 3 inch barrel is now a BUG gun.  WTF  
An L-frame with a 3 inch barrel was a BUG before too, you just had an empty cylinder. There were all sorts of interesting guns that were legal at the BUG Nationals. Now BUG revolvers have to fit in the box. Before there was just a barrel size limit.

I do appreciate that they went to 6 rounds in BUG and got rid of that no reload on the clock stuff. But now no j-frame .38s and you can use a .380acp.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:45:39 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

An L-frame with a 3 inch barrel was a BUG before too, you just had an empty cylinder. There were all sorts of interesting guns that were legal at the BUG Nationals. Now BUG revolvers have to fit in the box. Before there was just a barrel size limit.    

I do appreciate that they went to 6 rounds in BUG and got rid of that no reload on the clock stuff. But now no j-frame .38s and you can use a .380acp.
Seems sort of silly and missiong the point of the division.  Thought IDPA prided themselves in more realist equipment rules The division are all too big.  The 686 is not a bug, except maybe to Andrea the Giant.  Even my XD-40 Service (4 inch barrel and full size frame/grip) is legal in the new CCP.  There is nothing compact about and XD-40 Service its a duty size weapon.  I am going to start a partition to allow me to duel wield 442s in BUG matches.

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 11:51:22 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Seems sort of silly and missiong the point of the division.  Thought IDPA prided themselves in more realist equipment rules The division are all too big.  The 686 is not a bug, except maybe to Andrea the Giant.  Even my XD-40 Service (4 inch barrel and full size frame/grip) is legal in the new CCP.  There is nothing compact about and XD-40 Service its a duty size weapon.  I am going to start a partition to allow me to duel wield 442s in BUG matches.  
Every division is just one size too big. Compact carry is real carry, BUG is small carry, and SSP & ESP are night stand guns. Granted, lots of people can and do carry full size guns, but you get my point. Real BUGs usually have crappy sights, and who would want to use one of those?

The tough part is that when you have an idea for a division, you have to create rules for it, and then now you have guns that are the same as what you intend for people to use according to the rules, but way different in practical use. They don't want to come up with a list of approved/not approved guns, so that's what we end up with.

I try not to get tied up in the names.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 11:19:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Every division is just one size too big. Compact carry is real carry, BUG is small carry, and SSP & ESP are night stand guns. Granted, lots of people can and do carry full size guns, but you get my point. Real BUGs usually have crappy sights, and who would want to use one of those?  

The tough part is that when you have an idea for a division, you have to create rules for it, and then now you have guns that are the same as what you intend for people to use according to the rules, but way different in practical use. They don't want to come up with a list of approved/not approved guns, so that's what we end up with.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why not make the names accurate?  Why not have a true BUG gun division?  A true BUG gun division would probably get more participation then the old ESR division did before it got rolled into the new Revolver division.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 8:41:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Im still irritated they wont let me leave the light on my carry M&P to compete with. had to get a whole nother holster made.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 8:59:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Im still irritated they wont let me leave the light on my carry M&P to compete with. had to get a whole nother holster made.
View Quote
I do understand where they are coming from. Allowing weapon lights will mean that you need a weapon light to stay competitive, all else being equal.

I'd really like to see SSP be mostly the same rules it is now, but allow single action guns in. Then take ESP and let people do lights, lasers, optics, whatever. Then raise the power floor for CDP a bit, and let 10mm and other cartridges that can safely meet the PF into that class. So you basically have stock, enhanced, and heavy.

Link Posted: 2/2/2015 11:24:29 PM EDT
[#14]
IDPA has completely ruined BUG.   Drawing from the holster, 6 shots and reloads on the clock ..... just shoot regular IDPA if that is what you want to do.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:21:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I do understand where they are coming from. Allowing weapon lights will mean that you need a weapon light to stay competitive, all else being equal.  

I'd really like to see SSP be mostly the same rules it is now, but allow single action guns in. Then take ESP and let people do lights, lasers, optics, whatever. Then raise the power floor for CDP a bit, and let 10mm and other cartridges that can safely meet the PF into that class. So you basically have stock, enhanced, and heavy.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Back when I started IDPA (97ish), IIRC in CDP 10mms and Glocks were good to go in CDP.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:50:18 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Back when I started IDPA (97ish), IIRC in CDP 10mms and Glocks were good to go in CDP.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

10mm used to be included, yes. Glocks are still G2G.

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 6:13:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
IDPA has completely ruined BUG.   Drawing from the holster, 6 shots and reloads on the clock ..... just shoot regular IDPA if that is what you want to do.
View Quote

Please tell me you jest!

The only thing better than drawing from a holster and reloads on the clock in BUG would be if they made sub-categories for ankle holsters and pocket holsters.  All your reload would have to come from pockets too, no mag pouches allowed.  No vest allowed but the gun would still have to be concealed.

Imagine your J-frame in your favorite pocket holster and a hip-pocket full of speed strips.  So much, slow and inaccurate, FUN to be had.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top