Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/22/2015 12:42:33 PM EDT
Remember when you were in elementary school? During recess there was always that one kid who typically spent his time playing with kids who were two or three grades behind him? He was always the ringleader.

That how I compare folks who have been shooting IDPA for 12-14 years and are still shooting MM when their skill level is clearly SS or possibly EX.

Time to stop eating at the kid's table.

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 3:19:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Beat the pants off them at the match and you can ignore their errant classification.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 3:57:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like a classic FTDR to me.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 6:13:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Eh, if they want to sandbag the classifier and take top dog marksman at local matches, good for them, but if they're going to major matches and not picking up any bumps, they're either getting beat by other sandbaggers or should still be marksman.

I've seen masters and experts barely get sharpshooter on the classifier. I think the IDPA classifier actually sucks as a measure of skill, but that's a whole other discussion.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 2:51:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Eh, if they want to sandbag the classifier and take top dog marksman at local matches, good for them, but if they're going to major matches and not picking up any bumps, they're either getting beat by other sandbaggers or should still be marksman.

I've seen masters and experts barely get sharpshooter on the classifier. I think the IDPA classifier actually sucks as a measure of skill, but that's a whole other discussion.
View Quote

^This.

I'm horrible at the classifier.  I always got SS on it and then match bumped up to expert, then match bumped up to master.
Shooting a major match tells you exactly what your classification should be.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top