Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2014 9:33:30 AM EDT
I've been out of the competitive shooting scene for nearly 20yrs(work, kids, wife...ex-wfie, etc.) and I'm now at a point in my life to get back into it. Back in the early 90's I ran a local archery and pistol range for several years (Shooter's Paradise, outside of Decatur, Il.)...running the range, I knew of every match, league, etc. around for miles and miles, and this was all "Pre-Internet." Fast forward to current...I figured a google search would be just busting at the seems with local matches. Nope!! 1 here, 1 there...and to find those, I had to jump thru internet hoops and click thru way too many pages to find.

My question is: Where are there local level matches for IPSC, IDPA, USPSA around central Il? I live around the Effingham, Il area and really don't want to drive much more than 70-75 miles to shoot.

I know of:

Darnells in Bloomington (103 mile away)
Windsor club (I was planning on shooting their IDPA match today, but the range got closed, for some reason !?!?)
Loami, Il. (Left handers club)...a little far, but I'll make the trip next month to shoot USPSA

That's about all I've found. I'm NOT into cowboy shooting, which seems to be the thing nowadays. Heck, I'd even shoot a PPC match!!

I've found, at least for me, shooting alone doesn't make me a better shooter...I need to shoot with people better than me to get better.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 12:13:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 1:40:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Here's the "rotation" for central Illinois local IDPA matches, I've found:

1st Saturday: Litchfield Sportsman club. 9:00am
1st Sunday: Darnells in Bloomington

2nd Saturday: Windsor gun club. 8:30am

3rd: ??

4th Sunday: Brittney Shooting Park (Bunker Hill), 1:30pm

Any others?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top