Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2014 6:00:44 PM EDT
Title says it all pretty much...

Went to the range to see what all the fuss was about...  Well, looks like I'm gonna have to get up in the middle of the fun!

So, I get to digging in the rules, etc and have some concerns...

Mind you, I'm trying to get my gear together to get in on next months match.

I'll be shooting a STI 9mm Spartan IV (4.25"), with magwell and VZ grips..  As I understand it, I'll be classified as single stack.

So, my question is:

Do I get a dedicated single stack mag pouch in the DAA or CR, or do I get the regular sized ones (one or the other) and use spacers?  Logic tells me to go ahead and get the full size and use spacers, as I'm sure I'll move to a production or limited gun somewhere down the line, and be able to use the mag pouches for those mags as well.

I read that some of the 9mm mags won't fit the single stack mag pouches, due to a narrower front to back width?...  If it matters, I'm using Tripp Research Cobra 9mm mags.  I've never even handled a competition mag pouch, so I have no clue if the single stack mag pouch is a must or not...

Any help from those in the know would be greatly appreciated!

Link Posted: 8/7/2014 10:16:09 AM EDT
[#1]
do it enough you could end up with a few complete belts
production
ltd ltd10
open
3 gun/ multi gun
ss
as once you get everything where you want it, it becomes a pain in the ass to reset everything based on what your shooting.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 10:33:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
do it enough you could end up with a few complete belts
production
ltd ltd10
open
3 gun/ multi gun
ss
as once you get everything where you want it, it becomes a pain in the ass to reset everything based on what your shooting.
View Quote

+1 on that. I have 3 rigs for 4 different match types and I use the same pistol for 3 of them. The only belt that crosses over is the one I use for Steel Challenge and USPSA.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 9:41:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I run the CR that use spacers. I like how far out they hold the magazines. Changing them to fit other mags is a pain. For single stack I modified the CZ spacer and added another spacer that is held on the CZ spacer with one screw. This allows me to easily switch from single stack to production shooting a CZ or XDM.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top