Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2014 1:23:35 PM EDT
I didn't write it but I am hosting it with permission.  I started shooting Limited with AIWB last year and probably will this year as well.

Article
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 3:07:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I stopped shooting IDPA recently due to the shortsightedness of the new rules.
It's good to see USPSA adapting to the ever-changing ccw world. I might need to check that organization out.

Link Posted: 3/28/2014 5:52:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I stopped shooting IDPA recently due to the shortsightedness of the new rules.
It's good to see USPSA adapting to the ever-changing ccw world. I might need to check that organization out.

View Quote

The funny thing is that USPSA didn't "adapt" per se, it's just that so few people take advantage of the fact that it is a great test of ones skills from concealment.  Now, one can't AIWB in Production because the rule in that division states the holster must be behind the point of the hip, but Limited, Limited 10, Open, have no restriction on holster position.  Since concealment isn't forbidden either, well there ya go, AIWB in Limited is legal.

I believe, by the same token, conventional IWB from concealment would be legal in Production.

I loved that article btw.  OrigamiAK is one dude online whose posts I almost always enjoy and learn from.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 11:24:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Years ago, we had a guy shoot open with a glock (no mods).

Only because he wantted to appendix carry with his light attached.

Next few months he shot ltd, still appen carry, but removed the light as it caused his glock to jam.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 1:11:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Years ago, we had a guy shoot open with a glock (no mods).

Only because he wantted to appendix carry with his light attached.

Next few months he shot ltd, still appen carry, but removed the light as it caused his glock to jam.
View Quote

Very common issue with light-equipped .40s.

I'd be very surprised if it were a 9mm. IIRC Glock resolved this issue.

IDPA has yet to allow weapon lights... so much for realism.

And funnier still is how IDPA shooters make fun of USPSA shooters for being "gamers." lol
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 1:46:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Interesting article, but he needs to be careful re-holstering. If you watch his videos, he is re-holstering quickly, and without looking at the holster. Bad idea appendix, especially with a Glock. If there is still a threat, keep your pistol out. If the threat is gone, take your time re-holstering.

Link Posted: 3/29/2014 10:10:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Interesting article, but he needs to be careful re-holstering. If you watch his videos, he is re-holstering quickly, and without looking at the holster. Bad idea appendix, especially with a Glock. If there is still a threat, keep your pistol out. If the threat is gone, take your time re-holstering.  
View Quote

Good advice. Reholstering should be done very slowly and methodically no matter what the mode of carry.
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 2:08:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I was squaded with  OrigamiAK at a match recently. I think he got 2nd overall shooting minor in limited with that AWIB rig.

It was impressive.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 9:43:47 PM EDT
[#8]
That article is spot the F on!! Great info, thanks for sharing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top