Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2014 11:30:20 PM EDT
if during a 3 gun match and you either have a failure to extract from the shotgun or rifle and the only way to clear the jam is to mortar the gun, does that cause a dq?  if so then how you suppose to clear the jam?  if you don't fix the jam on the range how can you show a clear gun?
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 11:28:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Depends,

Usally you can clear the jam on a baracade so you don't break the 180.

To avoide a DQ, just follow the RO instructions to the letter.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 7:08:14 PM EDT
[#2]
So while the clock is a tickin, I have to ask the r/o for permission to clear a malfunction instead of taking a knee to clear the malfunction?
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 9:59:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So while the clock is a tickin, I have to ask the r/o for permission to clear a malfunction instead of taking a knee to clear the malfunction?
View Quote

If your gun jams your stage score and possibly match is ruined anyway. The best thing is to insure it does not happen in the first place.

If you can not clear the gun safely while following the rules you need to stop and tell the RO. He will instruct you from there.

If you do some Rambo shit and start ramming the butt against this or that, the RO should DQ you. You can contest to the RM, but the call will not likely change.

Link Posted: 2/25/2014 8:14:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

correct the stage is blown already due to the jam.

Keep your head and follow what the RO says.

Some simple jams can be cleared, on the clock, but the stage is still blown.

Best to use ammo that you know works and has been tested in your gun before the match.

Wolff was the no. 1 rifle stopper when I used to shoot more.

Why people would use this shit ammo at matches after spending the money on match fees, gas, hotels, etc is beyond my grasp.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top