Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2016 9:18:02 AM EDT
I have a few of the newer 69 gr. Sierra Tipped Match King projectiles. Because they are .10" longer than the standard 69 gr. Sierra, there seems no way to load these for magazine length.

Just load them long and single feed them?
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 1:30:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 7:17:05 PM EDT
[#2]
You can single load for offhand, I guess. I wouldn't bother at 600. Using 69s, I mean.

Seat them to COL <= 2.260" OAL and they will fit.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 1:49:23 PM EDT
[#3]
You can load them mag length, no problem.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 11:09:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

I have a couple of the 20 round Stainless Steel CMI mags. I like them because they are thin-walled and drop free from the receiver easily by their own weight. Good idea, maybe I should try it with TAC.

I purchased the 69 gr. Sierra TMK's because of the higher advertised BC and wanted to try shooting them across the course, hoping I could use them at 600. I figured they would be longer, just not a tenth of an inch longer. I would like to be familiar with shooting a magazine length round at the normal distances in Highpower and become aware of the ballistics and not just with an 80 gr. Sierra at 600.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top