Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2016 9:22:02 AM EDT
Just got a email from MidWay about new products and this was in it

Nightforce Competition SR Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 4.5x 24mm Zero Stop SR-1 Reticle Matte

I wonder how the reticle sizes up with the targets.

I know it is Nightforce but +$1800 is a bit rich for my blood
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 10:50:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I heard Jim Owens has a new scope for ~$300.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 5:55:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I shot the nightforce sr scope at Perry this year. Awesome piece of kit that draws you into the target.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 6:20:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Just got a email from MidWay about new products and this was in it

Nightforce Competition SR Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 4.5x 24mm Zero Stop SR-1 Reticle Matte

I wonder how the reticle sizes up with the targets.

I know it is Nightforce but +$1800 is a bit rich for my blood
View Quote

But free shipping!
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 4:27:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Here you go. My actual scope at 200 on the SR target. iPhone picture.

Yes it looks like that at 300-600 as well. And honestly I don't even notice the circle I can focus on the crosshairs. I can see the rings and numbers at all ranges. Can't read the numbers at 600, but I can see them.

Link Posted: 8/17/2016 3:25:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for posting that picture.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 6:29:29 PM EDT
[#6]
X at 9 o'clock... Got one of these back-ordered. This is worse than waiting for a suppressor stamp...
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 8:20:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Panzer, thanks for sharing that photo.
What model scope and reticule are you showing?

What power is it on?
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 10:37:52 PM EDT
[#8]
He's showing the one in the thread title, you know, the one in the link in the OP. It is fixed 4.5x with SR-1 reticle.

Mine will be delivered Monday.

ETA: It's here, it's on, I'm ready.

Link Posted: 1/13/2017 12:41:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yes it looks like that at 300-600 as well. And honestly I don't even notice the circle I can focus on the crosshairs. I can see the rings and numbers at all ranges. Can't read the numbers at 600, but I can see them.
View Quote

That's an amazing picture. I really want to try one of these scopes.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 8:55:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Its a great scope.  The reticle works.  You can use either the cross hairs or the ring, like a match aperture sight.  Clicks are solid.  Optics are superb.  Image is bright, even in shaded targets.  If there's any light on the target face, you can see the target rings easily.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:38:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Where are the SR Nightforce scopes made?  I tried to look it up and this is what I found.  USA Nightforce (BEAST), Japan (ATACR, NXS)
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 12:48:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
He's showing the one in the thread title, you know, the one in the link in the OP. It is fixed 4.5x with SR-1 reticle.

Mine will be delivered Monday.

ETA: It's here, it's on, I'm ready.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff156/loftusj/public%20hotlinked%20pics/srsc1_zpseiyxe9yo.jpg
View Quote

Ugh... grew tired of waiting for the Leupold so I went after the NiteForce... it will be here Thursday with the medium Geissele mount. Ordered up some lead weights to be ready for balance and ballast.

Which version of mount is in your photograph? Did you find the weights were okay or did you rebalance your rig?
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 8:15:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Is there really weights for scope mounts? Really?
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 2:01:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Is there really weights for scope mounts? Really?
View Quote

Not for the scope mount, for the whole rig.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 8:44:01 AM EDT
[#15]
There was consideration for total gun weight restrictions with optics but that did not float.  So, there is no weight restriction on service rifles, irons or optics, as it is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top