Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2016 2:53:31 PM EDT
I'm with the TSRA junior bunch.

So far, I just have the P100 and coaching the 6-man teams on my plate.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 7:37:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll likely be there for the Garand match.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 4:27:47 PM EDT
[#2]
2010 was the last year I made it.  The "team" decided getting married and having kids was more fun.

Last time we stayed at a motel off base.  Prior to that it was the huts.  How many of those are left?  How hard is getting housing these days?
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 4:30:55 PM EDT
[#3]
How does one make it to Camp Perry?

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:43:15 PM EDT
[#4]

National Matches
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:14:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

National Matches
View Quote

Oh, I always figured it was a special invite thing.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:38:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I'll likely be there for the Garand match.
View Quote
I think I have to leave that morning.

Good luck, sir.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 12:34:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

National Matches

Nope, and  you don't need to be great.  Register on line, show up, shoot.  Do yourself and everyone else a favor, and try to hit a couple local matches first, to familiarize yourself, and you're set.  If you ask around, you'll find some folks who are going, and you might be able to tag along with them - or at least get all the skinny on details and questions you'll have.  But even that isn't necessary.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 2:29:00 AM EDT
[#8]
here's the write up from the AZ team!

http://arizona-rifleshooting.com/AZ-SR-Perry16.html

Poole
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 11:38:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
here's the write up from the AZ team!

http://arizona-rifleshooting.com/AZ-SR-Perry16.html

Poole
View Quote

Good write up
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 8:26:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Nope, and  you don't need to be great.  Register on line, show up, shoot.  Do yourself and everyone else a favor, and try to hit a couple local matches first, to familiarize yourself, and you're set.  If you ask around, you'll find some folks who are going, and you might be able to tag along with them - or at least get all the skinny on details and questions you'll have.  But even that isn't necessary.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

National Matches

That's very good advice.

Several years ago, in the NTI, my relay scored first.  When the first relay was called, a gentleman took his firing point armed with a rifle, several 20-round boxes of ammunition, and a big smile.  I asked him if he'd forgotten anything, like the rest of his equipment.

Nope, he said, this is all of it.  He went on to say that he was an Air Force combat shooter.  All his Air Force combat shooting buddies kept telling him that he should come to Camp Perry with them.  But I don't have a rifle, he told them!  No problem, you can buy one on Commercial Row.  But I don't have ammo, he told them!  No problem, you can buy ammo on Commercial Row.  But I don't have equipment, he told them!  No problem, you can use ours.

And that is, partially, what he did.  He bought the rifle and ammo on Commercial Row the day before, but his buddies never showed up, so he had no gear.  He also had no zeros, so his first shot was also his sighting in shot. Thankfully, the target went down with a hit.  

He shot about how you'd expect but his attitude was great and he had a heck of a good time.  He said he was coming back next year.  

The take-away from all that is, take Lazyengineer's advice about shooting some matches before going and do some research about how this here thang works 'n all, but more importantly, go.  You'll never GET there, unless you GO there.  Ya follow?
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 4:20:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

The same way you make it to Carnegie Hall...practice, practice, practice.

Link Posted: 8/19/2016 7:41:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The same way you make it to Carnegie Hall...practice, practice, practice money.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The same way you make it to Carnegie Hall...practice, practice, practice money.

FIFY.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 7:46:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Imagine the Olympics but anyone with $35 can run against Hussein Bolt.  That's what Camp Perry is like.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 8:51:26 PM EDT
[#14]
...and if you get squadded with him on the same firing point you get coaching you couldn't buy.  

That's how it works -- you may be squadded on the same mound (4 fellas per firing point) with guys who are total newbs and fellas with the Gold Badge and a dozen President's tabs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top