Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2016 12:49:00 PM EDT
Another junior, walking through the mud, stands at attention for colors.

PULL!

I wish I had a pic of the ponytail flip during the reloads.

Shooter Shuttle to/from the pits.

Determination.

The wind wasn't particularly tough, but the sun and humidity were.

Victory: the young man was High Junior at his first "big" match at the OKC Games SAFS match a couple months ago, and the young ladies earned awards at their first big match.

Then the suck: the young man was "too beat" to shoot the EIC match (lucky for him that we had just over 40 non-distinguished participating), one young lady had ammo/magazine trouble, and the other had been bitten by a spider in the morning and was too sick to shoot Prone Slow. And it was hot and sticky all day.

Once they got to cool down and eat, they were in better spirits. The beatings Practice will continue until morale and scores improve.

Link Posted: 6/1/2016 4:49:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Outstanding op and congrats to all
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 10:36:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Good group of juniors.  I was on the firing point next to you guys on Friday.  Glad to see more juniors shooting.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 1:19:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Congrats -- they did very, very well.

I guess by the name "Bayou" I should have expected it -- but is it always swampy like that?  I shoulda brought muck boots!
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 8:22:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Congrats -- they did very, very well.

I guess by the name "Bayou" I should have expected it -- but is it always swampy like that?  I shoulda brought muck boots!
View Quote

I've only been there 3-4 times. Only time it was "dry" was back in'13 or '14 during the drought.

Oddly enough, my home 100yd range in the NW at 1000ft has been as swampy or worse since March.
Still better than Camp Perry 2013:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top