Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2015 9:26:26 AM EDT
https://www.smgunclub.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/2015-High-Desert-NRA-Regional-Program.pdf
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 11:19:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Just for the sake of curiosity, how does this work with out of State individuals shooting in California matches.  Presumably their weapons have to be temporarily modified with the California nonsense (Bullet buttons etc...) or can they even bring weapons into the state specifically for competition?
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 2:48:01 PM EDT
[#3]
How do EIC matches work in California?

Specifically, the required magazine change in the rapid fire stages. Do competitors really have to drop the magazine with a tool?
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 8:51:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Out of state competitors can come to the match with their rifles and magazines and then leave.

California compliant ARs with a 'bullet button' use a tool to drop the magazine.  The tip of the bullet on one of your rounds or the tip of your ECI works well.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 5:02:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Out of state competitors can come to the match with their rifles and magazines and then leave.

View Quote
Just to be clear, is there California law on the subject or is that just how the match directors run it?

Link Posted: 12/2/2015 12:03:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just to be clear, is there California law on the subject or is that just how the match directors run it?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I'm certain that's a felony. No way in hell I'd take a noncompliant rifle into CA, even for a non-stop drive from Nevada to Oregon.

When I lived in CA, I wasn't shooting highpower, so I had mag locks / bullet buttons on my off-list ARs. I was just curious if EICs in the state were still shot with a magazine change and the same time limits.

For a while, I had a military assault weapon permit. It used to be, active duty members of the military stationed in CA could pay $70 to the CA Dept of Justice and get a permit to possess and use previously-owned semi-auto "assault weapons". Then, one year, they abruptly decided to stop renewing the permits without letters from commanders documenting a bona fide need for the member to have a personally owned weapon for the performance of his duties. So my permit was not renewed, and I had to ship all my guns that couldn't be made compliant out of state. On-list ARs can't be made compliant even with a bullet button. Threaded pistol barrels. Etc.

What a mess ...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top