Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2015 2:53:04 PM EDT
Hello!
I have an AR-15 that was built for Highpower/Service Rifle Competition.  I am interested in selling it, but I am having trouble coming up with a fair price.  I don't shoot Highpower anymore and this rifle is too nice to sit in the safe.  The Lower is Compass Lake Engineering (very early serial number).  It has a very nice two stage trigger.  I believe the upper is a Bushmaster because the bull barrel is marked B MP 5.56 NATO 1/9 H BAR, but it fits the lower like a glove with no movement.  I wonder if Compass Lake used Bushmaster parts at any point?  Barrel is free floated.  Can anyone give me an idea of a value on something like this?

Thanks,
Patrick
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 6:17:08 PM EDT
[#1]

OP   that weapon is just to nice to sell.....I'd rather sell the  windows and doors of my house and put up pallets and cardboard than sell that.  

Mighty fine weapon Sir.    

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:16:58 PM EDT
[#2]
LOL - It needs to be with someone who will let her stretch her legs. I am an action pistol shooter, and dabble a little bit in precision rifle. I could throw a scope on it and turn it in to a long range AR, but I hate to change it... Just seems wrong. I appreciate it!
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:50:37 PM EDT
[#3]
How many rounds through it? Front sight width? Rear sight click value?

Right now, I'm thinking $900. The chromoly 1:9 is the detractor.

There's at least one guy in my club who's asking about competition rifles. If you'd like, let me know when you put it up and I'll pass the word to them.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 11:24:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Only a couple hundred rounds through it.  I'll check on the measurements.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 12:58:55 PM EDT
[#5]
A few things to consider:
the pistol grip isn't legal in CMP matches.
1/9 twist is not optimal for 77s and 80s that are typically used in HP matches. A shooter could give it a try with 77s and see how it shoots.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 1:03:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the other grip. After thinking about it and mourning a little bit, I could let it go for $900 + shipping. Have them call me if interested. 678-558-9533.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 1:16:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Do you think it would be better to throw on a Keymod handguard, Scope, Magpul stock, and sell this to a Tactical Timmy as a "Sniper AR?" The thing really is stupid accurate.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 1:31:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you think it would be better to throw on a Keymod handguard, Scope, Magpul stock, and sell this to a Tactical Timmy as a "Sniper AR?" The thing really is stupid accurate.
View Quote

sure
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top