Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2015 10:11:06 PM EDT
Hey guys!

Is anyone going to the All Army Championships this year?
Heading down to Mother Benning's Home for Wayward Boys on Friday, and wanted to see who all I might be competing against from ARF!

Good luck!
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 3:20:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow.

You wanna talk about being out classed? Haha
No less than 15 P100 tabs, 8 distinguished rifle shots, and 4 distinguished pistols, (not including the 2 that made distinguished after Pistol EIC)

Great match, learned alot, and will definitely be back next year.
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 1:10:27 PM EDT
[#2]
These are the six Texas A&M Army ROTC Cadets getting ready for the 2016 All-Army Rattle-Battle (Infantry Trophy) Match.

Each is shooting 20 shots in 50 seconds.

http://tinypic.com/r/r2nq4n/9

Link Posted: 3/13/2016 6:24:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Couldn't make it this year. Recruiting Command will not pay for it, and I have a baby due any time now. Oh well, cant wait to see the results!
Link Posted: 3/15/2016 2:25:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Glad to see cadets going to compete.
I started highpower when I was a cadet at the University of Hawaii. Sadly they had a small bore range out back but it got burned down when there was some kind of Vietnam War protest.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 5:49:52 AM EDT
[#5]
DannyBoy, can you give some feedback on the National Match Course EIC they ran this year?  It was a new addition and I'm curious why the scores were so low.  I realize it's with rack grade rifles, green tip ammo, no shooting jackets, etc, but those scores were a good 60-70 points lower than a typical civilian match.  I really didn't expect the top non-Distinguished to only have a 437-4x.

ETA:  Never mind.  I see your recent update that you couldn't attend.  For what's it's worth, I went down on my own dime in 2014.  If you can afford it, don't let lack of military funding stand in the way of competing.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 10:32:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Oh, believe me. I was ready to pay, but my wife is 8.5 mos pregnant, and she was 1cm dialated the day before I was supposed to leave!!

The EIC courses down there arent NMC strings. They are the US Army standard "Combat EIC" courses, which I'm sure you remember from '14. Full gear, 500, 400, 300, 200 and 75m strings

Pistol is 35, 20, 15, 5, 3
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 12:21:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The EIC courses down there arent NMC strings. They are the US Army standard "Combat EIC" courses, which I'm sure you remember from '14. Full gear, 500, 400, 300, 200 and 75m strings
View Quote

They added a NMC EIC for both rifle and pistol this year.  No battle rattle, no 25-meter rushes.

The match program is here.  The rifle NMC EIC was Match 11.

Results are here
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 6:30:32 PM EDT
[#8]
There were four EICs:  Combat Rifle; Combat Pistol; NMC Rifle; and NMC (M9) Pistol.  All were shot with rack-grades.

I expected loaners to be M16 A2s or A4s.  They turned out to be tired M4s (from the post student weapons pool) with MATECH backup irons.  Rifle ammo was Green Tip except for the Multi-gun which was Hornady TAP soft points to save the steel targets from excessive damage.

Weather for all the EICs was very mild.

Rattle Battle was for 4-man fire teams (with a coach), fired at 400 and 300 yards.  The event starts at 500 -- teams get two and a half minutes to run to 400, take the 120 rounds on 10-round strippers out of the bandloier and hand-jam magazines (you can use the one stripper guide provided in a bandolier -- our guy stabbed himself in the hand three times and bled all over the mags) and shoot at five targets.

Any ammo not shot at 400 goes to 300.  You get 60 seconds for the run-down and shoot before targets disappear.
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 8:18:54 PM EDT
[#9]
After having read that, I am doubly upset that I wasn't able to make it this year!

Hope to make it next time, even if I have to fund it myself.
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 8:34:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 10:27:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice! Thanks for the video!

Did they mention anything about the new Service Rifle rules, as it pertains to servicemembers? By that, I mean that the last I heard, US Army shooters, even in civilian competition, are limited to irons only in EIC/NMC competitions. Any clarification on that?
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 2:35:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Did they mention anything about the new Service Rifle rules, as it pertains to servicemembers? By that, I mean that the last I heard, US Army shooters, even in civilian competition, are limited to irons only in EIC/NMC competitions. Any clarification on that?
View Quote

From my own discussions with Roscoe Castle, EIC Custodian at the USAMU, Soldiers in all three components will continue to be subject to AR 350-66, which says, "In EIC matches, iron sights only will continue to be used and will not be replaced by optics."

As a long-time barracks lawyer, that means you're free to use optics in NRA matches and the P100.

ETA:  Checking my old email, I see Mr. Castle's response was only in reference to Army EICs.

ETA2:  I emailed Mr. Castle today.  He confirmed that optics are OK for non-Army matches, "to include the National Matches. CMP matches = CMP rules"
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 1:09:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Sweet, thanks!!
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 7:06:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Bullseye EIC was shot with irons, Combat EIC with an ACOG.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 2:40:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Bullseye EIC was shot with irons, Combat EIC with an ACOG.
View Quote

Combat EIC was also shot with irons. This was the first year for optics and the Service Rifle/Combat EIC was the only matches irons were required.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top