Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2015 1:59:25 PM EDT
I found a NM Upper with some life left in it to get me through this season for $500 on GunBroker. I'm looking at building the lower and am wondering if it is even worth it to build it or if I should just buy an RRA NM Lower. I can build a NM for around $260 using an A1 Buttstock I have already, Spikes stripped lower, RRA NM LPK, and A2 Buffer kit. Is it a good idea for me to build the lower or should I just drop the $350 on an RRA Lower? Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:53:47 PM EDT
[#1]
There's nothing NM or special about the lower assembly EXCEPT the trigger.All the other lower parts are no better than an old GI rack gun. To get the best possible for your money, build the lower and buy a Geissele trigger (they advertise in the header of this website).
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 3:46:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Geissele is the way to go. I use an A2 stock with a ead weight in the back.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 5:44:54 PM EDT
[#3]
So would a Triggerless LPK and Geissele trigger is the way to go?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:09:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So would a Triggerless LPK and Geissele trigger is the way to go?
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:10:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Anderson, Bushmaster, LRB stripped lower $50
Rock River NM lower parts kit $130
A2 stock and buffer from EE ~$60

You will be good to go

or

You could drop the RR NM kit get a standard lower parts kit ~$50 and spend some coin on a Geissele trigger if you do get the NM service rifle one.
The Geissele would be about $200 more than the RR NM trigger but is way better than the RR.

On a side note if you dont stick with Hipower your could always sell the Geissele for $200
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:28:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Lower for $50
View Quote
Where can a lower be found for $50?

Edit: Nevermind, found it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:38:20 PM EDT
[#7]
You can get a lower parts kit here for $40.

They're also having a 10% of sale on highpower accessories through the end of January, including the Geissele trigger. (The service rifle trigger is backordered, but if you order now, you still get the discount.)

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 3:15:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Brownells has them on sale for $49.95
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 12:11:12 AM EDT
[#9]
The RRA has a life time warranty.  Each time it start's to go bad, you can send it back and wait for the same or a replacment.

You won't need to do that with Geissle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top