Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2014 8:35:45 PM EDT
Shot a 40 round, 100yd match today.... shot service rifle (stock Colt A2 with a web loop sling)  

355 - 3x

83 slow fire prone (600yd reduced target)
90 rapid fire prone (300yd reduced target)
93 rapid fire sitting
89 slow fire standing

great time... awesome people who are 100% all about helping out and giving pointers... I like that

can't wait to shoot next month!

Link Posted: 12/14/2014 1:30:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Did you reverse those scores?  98 standing is awesome.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 1:12:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Where was match conducted? Here in the NE, the weather is a bit rough.
With 21K posts, when do you have time to shoot?
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 7:46:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did you reverse those scores?  98 standing is awesome.
View Quote

yea now that I'm looking I may have - let me take a look when I get home

asked my wife to pull my targets again - yep it was an 89 not a 98.... lol
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 7:47:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Where was match conducted? Here in the NE, the weather is a bit rough.
With 21K posts, when do you have time to shoot?
View Quote

New Holland Rifle and Pistol club

it was a nice cold sunny day (cold being the operative word)

21k posts is next to nothing in the grand scheme of things
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:39:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:45:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Shoot a few of those 100 yard matches to get your positions squared away then come out and shoot our full course matches 200-300-600yd at New Holland in the spring.  Here is a link to  our 2015 schedule .

New Holland NRA Highpower Rifle Across the Course Dates
View Quote

fully plan on it this year - I've shot the practical/precision matches quite a bit but this is my first foray into this shooting.... I'm very much enjoying it
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:58:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Target pics - maybe next match it won't be so cold that my hands stay in my pockets and not on my phone taking pics between shooting

With  my rifle:

Standing:

Sitting rapid:

Prone rapid:

Prone slow:

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:07:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:09:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
NRA Highpower Rifle NMC classification

This ^ link will show you the percentage breakdown for classification purposes for NRA Highpower.  You will notice the example doesn't show 400 point matches and that is because they are somewhat unconventional and nearly all Across the Course high-power rifle matches are either National Match Course (500 point aggregates) or more commonly Regional Match Course (800 point aggregates)  

Either way, your scores break down to an 88.75% or "Sharpshooter" average.  When you start shooting NRA sponsored matches your scores will be submitted for classification purposes and once you have fired 120 record shots  then you will get your first official classification card.  If you fired 88.75% as an average for those first 120 record rounds you would receive a Sharpshooter classification card from the NRA.  As you continue to shoot your scores are sent in and your averages recalculated(Three 800 agg matches fulfill that requirement)  As your skill level progresses so should your scores and you work your way up the classification ladder.
View Quote

outstanding - thank you for the info

I'm only partially familiar with classifications from shooting pistol competitively way back in high school so that link helped quite a bit.

I have a feeling my wife isn't going to be happy I've found yet another way to spend time out at the range
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:14:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top