Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2014 9:37:58 PM EDT
I just aquired a post ban upper.  What do you use as a muzzle cap
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 3:21:38 PM EDT
[#1]
No. I never do anything that would damage the muzzle (crawl in mud, jump from airplanes, swing the rifle around indoors in the dark, etc).
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 10:44:04 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks your post is most unhelpful.  ill be sure not to jump out of a plane.  However when your rifle is unatended on your cart at perry it would be nice to have something over the end to protect the crown
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 11:19:52 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I just aquired a post ban upper.  What do you use as a muzzle cap
View Quote
Rubber / Plastic tubing caps.

you can buy the whole setup for sight and muzzle protection from Creedmoor Sports (as well as many others I reckon).
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 12:09:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
thanks your post is most unhelpful.  ill be sure not to jump out of a plane.  However when your rifle is unatended on your cart at perry it would be nice to have something over the end to protect the crown
View Quote

And who have you pissed off enough to beat up your unattended muzzle?
How many times (if ever) have you seen anything bump a range cart? Especially at Perry where most people usually know what they are doing.
Most AR barrels have a recessed muzzle so that nothing can strike the bore. If you want to spend money, spend it on sight covers.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 5:32:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

How many times (if ever) have you seen anything bump a range cart? Especially at Perry where most people usually know what they are doing.

Most AR barrels have a recessed muzzle so that nothing can strike the bore. If you want to spend money, spend it on sight covers.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Meh,  I have a muzzle protector for my $300 Hollinger with an 11 degree target crown.  Better safe than sorry.  Might double wrap it if I ever buy a $500 Krieger.  
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 7:56:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I use the same thing some of the greatest service rifle shooters in the world (USAMU team) use:

Mil-Spec Front Sight protector
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 11:16:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I use the same thing some of the greatest service rifle shooters in the world (USAMU team) use:

View Quote

Thats not a muzzle protector. Its a sight cover.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 11:20:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Accidents happen.  You never saw a cart or rifle get bumped?   My scope mount broke this year because someone hung a coat on my cart and it tipped over.  S$&t happens.  Id rather spend a buck or two to cover it than have my crown get nicked. But again thank you for your well thought out and useful post.  I appreciate your valuable input.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 8:10:39 AM EDT
[#9]
http://www.creedmoorsports.com/shop/AR-15_Sight_Covers_and_Muzzle_Guards.html

I would measure your muzzle and just buy a tube cap (which is what is in the above link) of the appropriate size.  Mcmaster-carr would be a good place to start or your local hardware.  Post ban muzzle is slightly smaller than the gas block dia (.750) so a 5/8 - 11/16 cap would work as they will stretch a bit.

Link Posted: 8/13/2014 10:36:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks brother
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 12:09:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Got a pack of rubber leg tips to try 19mm.  Should fit.  Barrel is .740
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 9:02:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly. Muzzle protector is unnecessary.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 10:27:54 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So are seat belts and birth control.

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 1:13:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Yes apparently some people are the result of failed plan b
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top