Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2014 10:27:58 PM EDT
Mine is waaay out of spec when gauged. Local shop in East Lansing, MI said $300.00 or so to rebarrel with a Criterion barrel (labor included). The Shop is Alpha Dog Customs by the way. Good deal or no? I've got time to wait on it for the work to be completed.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 11:52:54 PM EDT
[#1]
CMP has a shop now..I bet they could fix you up.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 6:41:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Is the $300.00 with labor way off?
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 9:36:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Id look into the cmp.  250 is about right.  189 for the barrel
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 4:18:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I would think about the value of that labor.  CMP sees a lot of M1s for service; they know what they're doing.  I've not had any work done by them, but all my interactions with them have been very positive.  I'm sure they'll back up their work no matter what.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 4:37:33 PM EDT
[#5]
CMP Custom Shop: http://thecmp.org/sales/customshop.htm

75$ for basic chambering,

100$ to include bolt lapping.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 10:42:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I made the mistake of using a local gunsmith shop here in Grand Rapids to work on a M1 that I was having problems with. They mostly do custom shotguns for trap & skeet. When I stopped in there were 2 M1's behind the counter and I asked if they worked on them? They said sure!!!!!!!!

Well 6 months latter and getting so many runarounds I gave up and said I wanted my gun back. Long story short... This shop in Lansing... Are they real experts on M1's or just do a few here & there? You know the CMP are THE experts of the M1. If it were me I would go through the CMP and know that it's been done right.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 11:19:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Call Tim Shufflin @ Shuff's parkerizing in Jerome, Michigan.  Outside of the CMP Custom Shop he is one of the GO-TO guys for the M1.  

Located a few miles South of US 12 in Jerome, just East of Jerome Country Market in Eastern Hillsdale county.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top