BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 10:47:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Looking at the results of last year's P100 Pistol Match, the high 1911 shooter placed 3rd overall and the next highest placed 13th. Unless I'm missing something, the data seems to support the M9 being better for competition.

I chatted briefly with the Marine that placed second in that match (we were in the same barracks). It was his opinion that the M1911 was a better pistol, but the 9MM was a far better round.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah, I think over the past day I've come to the conclusion/realization that I'm going to need to get a 92 built.  

You might try getting a KKM barrel and getting a bushing installed.  It should give you a decent improvement in accuracy!  Of course I don't know what kind of groups you're looking for either...
I was going to go that route but was still concerned about 50 yard accuracy.  I picked up a Les Baer Premier II 1.5", I'll be testing my loads this weekend if this crap weather cooperates.  

The trigger on the 1911 is much better. The M9 was viable when 1911s had to shoot 230s. With 185s at 50, accuracy is a wash and trigger is the decider.

Looking at the results of last year's P100 Pistol Match, the high 1911 shooter placed 3rd overall and the next highest placed 13th. Unless I'm missing something, the data seems to support the M9 being better for competition.

I chatted briefly with the Marine that placed second in that match (we were in the same barracks). It was his opinion that the M1911 was a better pistol, but the 9MM was a far better round.

Last year, guys were still using hardball ammo.  Jonathan Shue is the Marine in question.  Most guys shooting the Beretta were ordered to do so.  If they were ordered to shoot the 1911, the same guys would still win.  

The 1911 will regain its dominance now that 185 Noslers are legal ammo.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top