Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2014 9:51:28 PM EDT
So im going up for the NM and have the opportunity to shoot the P100 and NTI, but do not have an accurate 600yrd dope for my rifle. Would it be a waste of time/money to shoot in the matches?

Im planning on shooting the SAFS so thr squadded practice is out, and id hate to find a partner for the Hurst doubles just to help zero my rifle in
Thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 3:33:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you have a hard zero for 200 or 300 yds? If so, it's fairly easy to give you a number of come-ups to have you in the black at 600 on the first shot. Touch it up after that first one. Might be giving away more points than you should at 600, but I assume if you were in contention for winning it, you'd have 600 yd dope in the first place.
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 8:51:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm going up to Perry for the EIC on 29 June for this very reason.

ETA: if we find four more, we can shoot the National Trophy Team Match on Monday for another round of practice.

I need to find a shirt that says, "I came so you can leg."  
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 9:17:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm up 11.5 minutes from 300. That'll put you on the board. Adjust off that shot.
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 7:49:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I had not fired anything farther than 200 yards ever before the presidents match. I took a lot of time to calculate my come ups with my ammo. To my surprise, I hit the target every time, scoring points for every hit. I was also 100% mentally prepared to stop shooting completely if my first shot did not hit the target at 600.
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 9:55:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

ETA: if we find four more, we can shoot the National Trophy Team Match on Monday for another round of practice.

View Quote

Im in...think we can find them in less than a month?
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 6:27:07 PM EDT
[#6]
What load are you shooting at 600?
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 7:36:30 PM EDT
[#7]
24gr R15 with Nosler 77hpbt match on LC brass and CCI primer
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 9:26:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I plan to shoot the EiC the 29th too just for this reason.  Those that leg can thank me later...
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 10:05:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
24gr R15 with Nosler 77hpbt match on LC brass and CCI primer
View Quote

I come up about 12mins from 200yd. with that load at 600.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 10:07:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Our team t-shirts pretty much say that without words.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 12:23:57 AM EDT
[#11]
My first year at Perry shooting my M1 Garand I had no dope for it at all. Never shot it past 100 before and only had 2 matches before I went. 1 was the weekend before. When I got to the line I asked a guy shooting a Garand next yo me what his come ups were and used that. I was in the black right away. Not conventional but it works! Good luck!

ps, my first time @ 600 I nailed the x ring! But I think a lot had to do with beginners luck.

Link Posted: 7/10/2014 12:27:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Pss. I didn't even have a spotting scope either! When I did the Hearst doubles my shooting partner scoped my target as well. I didn't have the money to buy one and like I said I had only done 2 matches before hand at a 100yard range with reduced targets.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 12:29:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Pss. I didn't even have a spotting scope either! When I did the Hearst doubles my shooting partner scoped my target as well. I didn't have the money to buy one and like I said I had only done 2 matches before hand at a 100yard range with reduced targets.
View Quote

Improvise, adapt, and overcome.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 2:29:27 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top