Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2014 3:51:07 AM EDT
Had paps old 03 sent to the custom shop for a rebuild.  This rifle spent many a year at perry before m1s became available.  Old gal was showin her age bore loose finish damn near gone and the rear sight was loose as a goose.  Had em pop on a new bbl refinish her lap the bolt lugs true up the recover an give her a new set of wood.  Can't wait to see how she does this year

Link Posted: 3/5/2014 4:06:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn fine rifle. Hope you get many more years of service out of it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 4:06:20 AM EDT
[#2]
she looks pretty darn good.
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 4:13:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Great looking rifle.  I have an early 42 (March) 1903A3 that I bought from CMP, cleaned up the stock & did an overall cleaning/lube, but otherwise left it alone.  Great rifle.  Thinking of getting the front sight hood to protect the front sight.

What is the brass cylinder above the rifle in the pic?
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 4:20:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Great looking rifle.  I have an early 42 (March) 1903A3 that I bought from CMP, cleaned up the stock & did an overall cleaning/lube, but otherwise left it alone.  Great rifle.  Thinking of getting the front sight hood to protect the front sight.

What is the brass cylinder above the rifle in the pic?
View Quote

It's a sight micrometer gives positive clicks for rear sight adjustments
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 1:21:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I wouldn't bother w a site hood they mask the sight pic something awful.  Unless ur on Guadalcanal the target range won't bent the front sight
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 2:33:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I wouldn't bother w a site hood they mask the sight pic something awful.  Unless ur on Guadalcanal the target range won't bent the front sight
View Quote

Thank you, I've not taken the time yet to research what others experience with them has been.  The front sight blade seems so exposed out there, but I also realize I don't have any immediate plans to storm a beach.
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 7:39:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thank you, I've not taken the time yet to research what others experience with them has been.  The front sight blade seems so exposed out there, but I also realize I don't have any immediate plans to storm a beach.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Spring break is just around the corner.

Put in a .100" wide front post, you can use it to pry old paint cans open and dig rutabeggas..
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 7:47:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Put in a .100" wide front post, you can use it to pry old paint cans open and dig rutabeggas..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice!   Seriously, do you suggest changing out the front blade?  Mine is marked "E".
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 8:08:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Nice!   Seriously, do you suggest changing out the front blade?  Mine is marked "E".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My 46yr old eyes needed it badly. Hell of a lot better sight pic on the 200yd target. The blade is still the same width as the stock tennon so it doesn't really make it any stronger, just a better sight picture. I got one for $35 from S&S firearms, the pin hole didn't line up too well, just JB epoxy the blade in to keep it from moving if so. Shove a litte down in the tennon slot then install the blade normally and wipe off excess. Solid.
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 8:43:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Nice rifle.  How is the parkerizing?  Is it a darker color or more grey?  Any chance you can post a couple more pics of the receiver?  I'm thinking of getting an M1 re-parked by them but would want it to be the darker manganese parkerization rather than the zinc.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 11:10:29 AM EDT
[#11]
That came out great!
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 8:35:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Awesome! Turned out beautiful.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 1:38:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Nice rifle.  How is the parkerizing?  Is it a darker color or more grey?  Any chance you can post a couple more pics of the receiver?  I'm thinking of getting an M1 re-parked by them but would want it to be the darker manganese parkerization rather than the zinc.

Thanks
View Quote

The finish is a bead blast and bluing.  More period I believe there park jobs are the grey type based on the pics of there refurbished m1s in the sales forum
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 1:20:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for the info. Your rifle looks great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top