Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2014 5:45:02 PM EDT
Mine.

JCG match. I was slated to shoot in the afternoon but came up in the morning to watch. There were a number of re-enactors on the lines and I was standing next to a colonel of marines. I commented to him that none of the re-enactors was anything lower than the rank of staff sergeant. He said he had noticed that.

Then he grinned and said that he ought to buy a set of khaki Dickies, pin 4 stars on it and put on a pair of sunglasses and show up as Douglas MacArthur.

A sergeant standing behind us chimed in.

"Please do not embarrass the Corps, Sir. Mister Piccolo here will likely find a double breasted suit and a pair of wire rimmed glasses somewhere, come as Harry Truman and fire you!"

Link Posted: 3/3/2014 5:52:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 1:23:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Not sure I remember any quotes that were specifically uttered at Camp Perry, but I recall some memorable ones that Bert Rollins spoke:

• "The stick giveth and the stick taketh away.  But a service rifle mostly taketh away."

• "Lake Erie is filled with the tears of many a high power competitor."

• "You couldn't stand prosperity."  -- upon coaching a shooter who dropped a point on the last shot of an otherwise clean rapid fire

• "In the case of a 155 grain Sierra MatchKing, BC stands for ballistically challenged."

• "DO NOT humiliate your rifle!!!"

Link Posted: 3/10/2014 5:13:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 6:45:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Sir, FWIW I used 1/3 MOA elevation sights on my AR-15 for a few years before I switched to 1/4 MOA.  One year after I shot a 198-0x at 600 with a group just below the x ring at five o'clock, my scorer, Troy Lawton, told me  "If you come here next year without 1/4 MOA sights I'm going to kick your butt!" 7zero1 out.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 12:34:54 PM EDT
[#5]
"My rifle is capable of winning Camp Perry.  I just won't let it."
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 1:50:23 PM EDT
[#6]
"Today has been great, no boats or delays." - me quietly to my buddy in the pits.

2 minutes later: Cease fire, cease fire, all targets down. Buddy proceeds to yell up and down the line that it was my fault. Lots of bad looks after that one.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 9:41:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Some guy at a field comms base set up next to the ball field told me.. (you know who you are)

"After the NTI match, walking back from the pits this big, heavy Italian- looking guy with a heavy NJ accent sad: Wellp, it's all over now. Let's go pick up our medals, head to the bar in Port Clinton and traaade 'em for pu&$*y."
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 6:45:12 AM EDT
[#8]
At Camp Perry I was asked by a new shooter " how can you call the wind like that?" My reply " I watch the steam from the nuclear power plant cooling tower."

Yes I told him the truth later.

EBR666
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 6:54:39 AM EDT
[#9]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Listening to the Marines give new shooters a "Rattle Battle" clinic.  " If you have ammo left to shoot @ 200, you suck!"
View Quote
If you had rounds left for the 200 you were an a-hole and a bravo foxtrot.  

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 10:03:26 AM EDT
[#10]
I had a "clean" until the RO said; "Commence firing".  (today that would be "Targets")
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top