Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2014 7:54:23 PM EDT
I have up to five days of vacation I can use at Camp Perry. This will be my first time going and I'd appreciate suggestions on which days I should go. The schedule is here.

Background / constraints:

- I've only been shooting for a year
- I don't expect to be on a team
- I'm not allowed to shoot in the SAFS EIC
- I want to shoot in the P100 and NTI/EIC, at a minimum.

ETA: This is for rifle
Link Posted: 2/16/2014 2:22:56 AM EDT
[#1]
If we can go we will do Carbine/P100/NTI/M1A
I think it mite not happen this year for us

If you have M1 Garand is a good time on Sat
Link Posted: 2/16/2014 6:22:13 AM EDT
[#2]
It looks like the 26 to 29 NRA HP rifle is what you want.  

I haven't been to Perry yet.  A friend of mine started shooting high power at the same time I did.  He has been to Perry twice, in fact he only goes there instead of to the Navy matches now.  I will ask him again to be sure, because I think that is the one he told me to sign up for too.

EDIT:  Sorry.  I missed in your first post that you want to do the P100 and CMP trophy.  Good luck on those matches.
Link Posted: 2/16/2014 7:03:01 AM EDT
[#3]
At least 21-23 July.

Slam three other friends and buds together and build a 4-man team to shoot the National Trophy Team Match the day before the President's (out -of-competition if you have to).  This will allow you to have two guys shooting and one spotting/coaching to help you nail zeroes and come-ups for the President's and the Leg.  The fourth guy shifts one to score the neighboring team.  

If you can draft a fifth guy who can read winds with a good coach's scope you'll be even further ahead.

Back in the late 50s - early 60s this was how so many guys had their data confirmed before going in for the high individual marbles.

Stragegery.

Good luck to you.  I'm taking my teenage son for his second Perry and his first shooting an M14 (he shoots it better than an M16).
Link Posted: 2/16/2014 8:46:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
At least 21-23 July.

Slam three other friends and buds together and build a 4-man team to shoot the National Trophy Team Match the day before the President's (out -of-competition if you have to).  This will allow you to have two guys shooting and one spotting/coaching to help you nail zeroes and come-ups for the President's and the Leg.  The fourth guy shifts one to score the neighboring team.  

If you can draft a fifth guy who can read winds with a good coach's scope you'll be even further ahead.

Back in the late 50s - early 60s this was how so many guys had their data confirmed before going in for the high individual marbles.

Stragegery.

Good luck to you.  I'm taking my teenage son for his second Perry and his first shooting an M14 (he shoots it better than an M16).
View Quote

Sir, WADR the NTT match is a six man team plus a team captain and coach if desired.  Also it is mandatory each team send one person into the pits for target operation, most teams send two.  

FWIW my answer to the OPs question is to shoot the P100 on 7/22, NTI on 7/23, M1A match on 7/24, and Rumbold/enlisted men's match on 7/25, which is a four man team match, and pick up teams are usually readily available.  JMHO, 7zero1.
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 4:58:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I would consider a way to get on an out of competition team for July 21, especially since squadded practice is now July 17.  That being said, you are in OH (according to your location) and may not need zero confirmation at Perry.

My ideal five day only package:

July 21, NTT
July 22, P100
July 23, NTI
July 24, 2nd Amendment match
July 25, Rumbold.

Barring unforeseen events, I planned on taking two weeks off and doing CMP, NRA XTC and NRA LR this year.  I actually like the new schedule.  Maybe they'll keep it. . .
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 8:17:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Our normal schedule has always been the P100, the NTI, a couple days off (Put in Bay) then the Springfield and Garand matches.  We could shoot more but his is our vacation and we're only going to work so hard on vacation.  The schedule this year is somewhat different.  Not sure if we're going or not.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 11:36:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Our normal schedule has always been the P100, the NTI, a couple days off (Put in Bay) then the Springfield and Garand matches.  We could shoot more but his is our vacation and we're only going to work so hard on vacation.  The schedule this year is somewhat different.  Not sure if we're going or not.
View Quote

We were the same, Monday to the following Saturday, with a day off on Thursday.  One buddy shot the carbine match on Thursday morning, but he was done by 9:30.  Like you, not sure what we're going to do this year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top