Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/12/2012 10:37:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Know what the scoring discs mean before you go to your first event....

After my first shot the disc was on the right side of the target so I though It was a spotting mark and meant I was shooting to the right, so next shot I adjust left and the disc is at the bottom... I continued chasing that effin disc around the target until I was scoring the next guy and had to have someone explain it to me as I'm trying to record scores.

My suggestion: first timers work the pits before shooting.
Link Posted: 3/14/2012 11:56:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Finally thinking about doing this and see the thread and posts go back 8 YEARS.  

Is the right place for a noob to get current information?
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 7:33:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By BusMaster007:
Is the right place for a noob to get current information?

This thread?

Maybe not.

This forum?

Yes

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:01:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VA-gunnut] [#4]
Spammer

Link Posted: 1/15/2015 7:45:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VA-gunnut] [#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By rimousk:

View Quote

This account needs to go....spammer!

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:48:11 PM EDT
[#6]
When I first shot the CMP course years ago I was confident with my safety skills on a range, but lacking experience in a bonified match, I was a bit timid. I take the time to review my FAQ with our range officer.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 9:35:59 PM EDT
[#7]
When I first shot the CMP course years ago I was confident with my safety skills on a range, but lacking experience in a bonified match, I was a bit timid. I took the time to review my FAQ with our range officer.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 11:30:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Originally Posted By parkms:

When I first shot the CMP course years ago I was confident with my safety skills on a range, but lacking experience in a bonified match, I was a bit timid. I took the time to review my FAQ with our range officer.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/2/2018 3:41:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Looking forward to getting out and trying this stuff for the first time, once I get home from this deployment.

I've got a rifle, ammo, eye/earpro, a glove liner/shell, and plenty of old uniforms to dirty up wallowing in the mud.

Gonna try to get some guys from my unit out there with me once I get my feet wet.
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 9:53:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By doubleclaw:
Looking forward to getting out and trying this stuff for the first time, once I get home from this deployment.

I've got a rifle, ammo, eye/earpro, a glove liner/shell, and plenty of old uniforms to dirty up wallowing in the mud.

Gonna try to get some guys from my unit out there with me once I get my feet wet.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 8:24:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JLS81] [#11]
Originally Posted By doubleclaw:

View Quote
@doubleclaw, Good on you for getting out to shoot Service Rifle Matches.

I chat to every vet I bump into to come on out to the range and shoot local CMP matches.

Club will offer up ammo and M1 Garand if needed.

Carry on!!
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top