Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2016 9:14:42 PM EDT
I've seen pictures on the web of Aimpoint micros sitting very low in M4 shotgun mounts (same bolt pattern) as if the red dot is sunk into the mount. Does anyone know who makes this?
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:37:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you checked LaRue?  He makes 3 heights:  co witness, lower one-third and lower than that.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 10:57:02 PM EDT
[#2]
The one I saw was much lower than Larue's, American Defense or Aimpoint's low mounts. It was mounted on a Benelli M4 and the irons could be used through the red dot.

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 7:30:59 PM EDT
[#3]
The sight was probably mounted directly onto a rail...
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 9:16:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Midwest Industries.

It's glorious.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 2:51:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: borderpatrol] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Combat_Jack:
Midwest Industries.

It's glorious.
View Quote

That's the one I was looking for, unfortunately I just dropped over $650.00 to get a Trijicon RMR and low mount to accomplish the same thing. DOH!  

I bought a really nice low mount made by SCALARWORKS but the screws that came with the Trijicon RMR are too long to work with their mount! You would think that they would know that out-of-the gate and provide screws that fit with their base. It's not like you can go to Home Depot and buy screws that fit.

I ground my original Trijicon screws down to .470" overall length and they work like a dream. Perfect co-witness with my tritium ghost ring sights. The Trijicon scrwes came with the RMR and one was .495" long and the other .508" long +/-.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 11:54:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I purchased the Scalar Works complete kit (mount and H-1) together.  Really fits nice and low.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 2:27:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 1911su16b870:
I purchased the Scalar Works complete kit (mount and H-1) together.  Really fits nice and low.
View Quote

Have this, with my RMR on the M4.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top