Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2014 7:08:05 PM EDT
Anyone have any recommendations for shooting glasses to wear trap shooting that I can put a set of blinders on?

Link Posted: 5/23/2014 7:19:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Ray bans...
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 7:31:43 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wpage:

Ray bans...
View Quote

Sunglasses don't work too well for shooting when it's dark out.
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 7:37:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Why blinders if I can ask? I usually like to have periferal vision for when the launcher tries to fuck me with a low fast to the side disk.

Link Posted: 5/23/2014 7:43:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Originally Posted By TacticalPenguin:

Why blinders if I can ask? I usually like to have periferal vision for when the launcher tries to fuck me with a low fast to the side disk.

View Quote

I usually shoot at sunset with the field to the north, so the sun is blinding on station 3,4, and 5.
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 8:01:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Decot or Ranger are a couple i use?
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 8:15:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By unclemoak:

I usually shoot at sunset with the field to the north, so the sun is blinding on station 3,4, and 5.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By unclemoak:
Originally Posted By TacticalPenguin:

oh ok, you can get black side shields from most safety supply shops, they fit on with an elastic (supposedly to make regualr glasses safety glasses) but with these I am sure you could fit them to just about any brand glasses out there, and they are easy to remove if you decide you want to shoot skeet or 5 stand and need the peripheral vision
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 5:12:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Originally Posted By Oldmikey:

Decot or Ranger are a couple i use?
View Quote

Holy crap, those are a bit spendy. Looks like I might have to pony up or find a set on eBay.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 2:35:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MSPRet] [#8]
unclemoak - "Holy crap, those are a bit spendy. Looks like I might have to pony up or find a set on eBay."

Don't be cheap with your eye's. You can be cheap, dishonest, bend the truth in other parts of your life and do whatever you think you can get away with in the way you live your life, BUT when it comes to your eyes do the right thing and spend the money it costs to protect them. If something bad happens you may not get a second chance. The things we have to worry about are our reputations our hearing and our eyesight, they should not be taken lightly. Eventually everything we do has a way of catching up to you so spend the money for good eye protection. Somehow the bad things we do ALWAYS comes back to us.
Be true to your word, be honest and do the right thing all the time. Protect your eyes as well....<><....;)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top