Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2010 5:36:33 PM EDT
I've been reading a ton of mixed answer to the question...

I will be shooting 3 gun and I am curious if I was to use a rifled slug which choke tube is the tighest that you can use in order to correctly lauch this thing?

Also, I cast/reload these type of slugs

I understand its not a rifled slug and it will not fly correctly but will this also hold true for this type of slug as for rifled slugs(I'm just curious... I will not use this in a smooth barrel)

Mike.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 2:37:48 PM EDT
[#1]
A full choke is safe for rifled slugs.  I wouldn't use extra full or a turkey choke but full is perfectly fine.  If you're using factory shells they usually say right on the box "safe for use with all chokes" or something like that.  I usually get the best accuracy with Modified though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top