Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2017 1:12:58 PM EDT
I'll be taking my first carbine class in a couple weeks and the instructor says that a mag holder/pouch is recommended. I need some recommendations on decent affordable mag holders for this class. I don't need the biggest baddest most expensive option in the market just something that will work for now until I get more experience and actually learn how to use the equipment properly.

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 1:16:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you interesting in a chest rig or belt pouches?
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 1:34:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Something Esstac.

Get the short ones.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 1:40:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I am open to either chest rig or belt pouch.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 1:52:03 PM EDT
[#4]
A couple with kydex pouches to throw on a belt with a dump pouch is probably sufficient at this point.

Something like these
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 2:20:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A couple with kydex pouches to throw on a belt with a dump pouch is probably sufficient at this point.

Something like these
View Quote

This. 

That's exactly what I used in my carbine class. 

If you want to be super economical, remove the velcro patch from a rear pocket of 5:11 pants and use that for a dump pouch.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 5:10:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Something like these
View Quote
Something like the above is what I recommend to my students.  Typically, 1 mag on the body (mag pouch) and one in the carbine will suffice for our basic courses (you can also place your initial mag in the back pocket).  At our beginner level, a dump pouch isn't necessary.  Our more advanced classes, we recommend the ability to hold at least 2 mags on the body.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 3:28:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the recommendations.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 6:53:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I just took a class and used a Condor double mag pouch. Its molle attachable but I used it on a regular belt with no problems.

Condor
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 7:06:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I am open to either chest rig or belt pouch.
View Quote

I've settled on the D3CR for a lower profile chest rig.  For belt use I like taco's so I can use for both AR/AK.  If just for AR Esstac is another great choice.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 4:04:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the recommendations, through much googling and looking into all of yours suggestions I decided on an inexpensive Condor chest rig. I figure if I use it and learn that I don't like chest rigs or learn that something will work better for me for future training that I'm only out $35 and if I do like it I can learn what I do and don't like about it and can find a better quality product that has the features I like.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top