Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2017 12:30:35 PM EDT
I posted the below in GD last night and then remembered just now that we had a training board, so I thought I'd post here too.

I've never heard of this drill before, much less run it. Took part in a single day, 200 round rifle class yesterday and it finished with this drill:

Drill consists of:

6" bull at 25m.  Shots inside 4" ring are worth 10 points each, everything else inside the 4"-6" are worth 5 points each. 30 second part time. Any second under 30 is +1 point, any over are worth -2.

Three, five rounds mags are used.  Start standing with mag inserted and a round chambered.  When given the start signal, fire five rounds and reload.  Drop to kneeling, double-kneeling, or sitting (shooters choice), fire five rounds, and reload. Finally, drop to prone, and fire five rounds.

0-84 points = Pro-Marksman
85-104 points = Marksman
105-134 points = Sharp Shooter
135-150 points = Expert Rifleman

Results of this run was a 25 second (and change) time and 120 points:

Opinion: a decent run with ok mag changes. Forgetting I was going to kneeling instead of prone cost me time, as did dropping the fore-end when I went prone.  Also, I was aiming high due to using a 50/250 zero with 55 gr. rounds at 25m and simply aimed too high. I should've cleaned it, but this was my first time running this drill and was running it fairly cold as I haven't been shooting in a while, much less practicing mag changes. I believe given a few more run I can clean it.

Any advice that you all can see to help get better at it? I rarely have footage of stuff like this so outside eyes are always appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 12:52:12 PM EDT
[#1]
6" Bull at 25m? I shot this drill with Chappy from LMS Defense, at 50m, using an IPSC A-Zone as the scoring standard, 30s time limit, and you pass when you don't have a round outside the A-Zone, and shots that touch any other zone, even A Zone hits that touch the line, or cross the line out of the A, are counted towards the LOWER point value.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 2:15:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Pretty sure the standard is 25 seconds at 50 yards.......thats the way I've always seen it ran.

Anyways; the trick to making the time is to do the magazine change while you are moving into the next position.  Also your cadence of fire should be increasing as you get lower to the ground due to better stability.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top