Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2016 7:23:00 PM EDT
Has anyone been to it?  I have been through the LE handgun and patrol rifle instructor courses, and am looking for something a little more advanced.  The NRA law enforcement courses are an easy sell to my agency, as they are kind of a known quantity, but would you recommend anything else, or from somebody else?

Here's a snip from the description of the course:

The Tactical Shooting Instructor School is intended for the experienced and previously-trained and/or certified law enforcement firearm instructor looking to take his/her skills and agency's training programs to the next level. Basic MOI or "Method of Instruction" related lessons are not included in this school. This school is geared towards providing the law enforcement firearm instructor with the ability to create and implement sophisticated and practical agency-specific firearm training programs. Utilizing the NRA's "Street to Range" concept of training, the law enforcement firearm instructor will also come away with ideas and additional tools to provide their agency personnel with additional safe, realistic and tactically sound training on a realistic law enforcement firearm training budget. Students will spend five days engaged in thoughtful and provocative discussion, while addressing and responding to various range-run training scenarios utilizing their duty pistol and rifle.

I'm just looking to improve as an instructor, to be able to give a better 'product' to the folks at my agency.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 4:26:57 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

. . . would you recommend anything else, or from somebody else?
View Quote

Paul Howe at Combat Shooting and Tactics offers excellent instructor courses for pistol, rifle, and shoothouse.

ALERRT offers an Active Shooter Instructor course.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 11:17:25 PM EDT
[#2]
You'll get to shoot while moving forward and backwards...

If you are wanting something more "dynamic" the NRA classes aren't it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 7:08:22 PM EDT
[#3]
NRA Tactical Shooting Instructor is the closest thing to a "shooting class" that the NRA offers. If you already have other NRA classes, you know the drill. At least 1/2 of the class is repetitive. It's a good class but VTAC it ain't.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 6:23:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I went several years ago and I found it to be an excellent course. The NRA LE instructors interact with just about every Law Enforcement agency and instructors out there and were able to share tips, drills, courses of fire, range prop setups and multiple other great ideas.  They attempted to make training as realistic as possible and tried to get rid of the "flat range" mentality that is rampant on the Law Enforcement ranges.  I would recommend it!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top