Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2016 12:50:25 AM EDT
My department is looking to purchase a Breaching Training Door and is looking at this model 511 Training Door
What are your departments using and how do they like them? I need two more options to submit for them to look at.  Thanks
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 1:40:49 AM EDT
[#1]
$7k? F that.

Home built out of steel with 1" wooden dowel as the locking mechanism. Also had a "screen door" with smaller dowel
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 8:45:56 PM EDT
[#2]
What type of breaching? Mechanical, shotgun, explosive?

Locally, we use BTI pry, ram, and shotgun doors with good success.

Shotgun breaching doors don't need to to be super heavy duty, so I actually fabricated one at my brother's metal fabrication shop for about $400 in materials:

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 12:33:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Primarily mechanical, possible explosive and possible use by our Fire Dept.  Thanks for that suggestion I will look into it
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 1:27:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Get the kids at your local vo-tech to weld it up.

You can even go fancy and cut a chunk out where the locks mount and put a channel in, then slide a chunk of 2x4 there, like almost instant repair and reset.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 8:46:26 PM EDT
[#5]

What we use in the military is a door "frame" made out of angle iron and two small plates (4-6inches) on the hinge side with a bolt to slide a door into and bolt down with a big handle welded onto the bolt, effectively holding the door in place It works pretty well.

Where you would normally mount the hinges is where the metal plates attached to the re-useable frame would have a bolt to hold the door in place

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top