Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2016 3:35:27 PM EDT
I'm 67 and I'm probably in better shape than most my age.  I'm active, I'm not fat and I can hike a few miles without a problem.  I have 24 years in the military, I retired many years ago.  I received a lot of special ops type training by some super bad-asses however I was never on the battle field.  I've been an active shooter/Hunter all my life.   At 67 I have some issues.  I had my knee replaced and I suffer from the affects of agent orange (diabetes).  

I would like to get some tactical (AR, shotgun, handgun) type training.  Something that would be valuable in WROL, active shooter, home protection, etc.  I'm open to just about anything.  With my bad knee I can't run anymore.  

Realistly, I'll probably end up on a roof top shooting bad guys so the younger families have a chance.  

What trading is avalible for us older guys?  

Link Posted: 8/18/2016 4:33:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Your situation, it sounds like the big intense carbine classes would be tough on you, or possibly even damaging.  

Youtube has a wealth of knowledge; below is a link to a youtube playlist that I put together that has all sorts of drills/lectures/discussions about how to shoot and fight.  A lot of them don't require running, but these skills are really valuable and will make you a much more lethal shooter.  I'm sure you could pick and choose some of the vids to put together a bunch of drills to focus on by yourself.  Good luck!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLER4Krk0U4gPKx7MFm3GIikKiQO6AnaT
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 9:15:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 5:52:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Thunder Ranch is in your state. Look 'em up and see if there is
something that fits your needs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top