Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2016 6:53:22 PM EDT
How is everyone tracking their training?  I recently started seriously shooting drills, and am about to drop the money on a shot timer.  However, its seems to me that stopping between each string (or couple of strings) of fire to note the shot times would be seriously time consuming.  I was looking at the Pact MKIV XP, as it gives you the ability to plug it into your PC and analyze your shooting at the end of the day/print it out.  However, I'm hesitant to drop the money on it, because I've seen mostly negative reviews on it from the recent past.

Basically, what I'd like to have is a little notebook that I can track my time in for each day/drill, so that I can analyze it and compare it the next time I go shooting to see if i'm actually getting better/faster.....

So, any suggestions (to include the best type of timer for this stuff)?
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 10:26:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I just keep a rough running average in my head and record that on a homemade spreadsheet I printed out.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:00:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just keep a rough running average in my head and record that on a homemade spreadsheet I printed out.
View Quote

This is pretty much what we've been doing. Run a drill a bunch of times, and your times should be relatively close to each other. From there we just make an avg and remember our BEST time as well, and then you can compare to those numbers going forward.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top