Link Posted: 5/3/2016 7:10:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 7:52:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 9:51:10 AM EDT
[#5]
damn...

I hate you.....

It welled up the moment I realized that's a private range.

mine looks like ass compared to this..

I need to rent a dozer dammit..
very nice range OP
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 10:04:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'd love to see yours!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's a start, keep collecting.

I'd love to see yours!

Mine are scattered out over the 2.5 miles "Scrambler" course I built on one of my farms. It sports a total of 9 shooting stations with targets ranging from 20 feet to 500 yards. Most of the targets are steel with a couple of paper targets thrown in on the "Run n' Gun" station.

I do have a static "square range" like you have in your picture, but we really prefer to shoot the scrambler courses as they represent a much better test of skills than a flat square range.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 3:03:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 7:24:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Damn I wish I had 500-600 yards.  I can get 300 but only to zero on paper.

Do you shoot 3-gun?  The scrambler course sounds just like it!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's a start, keep collecting.

I'd love to see yours!

Mine are scattered out over the 2.5 miles "Scrambler" course I built on one of my farms. It sports a total of 9 shooting stations with targets ranging from 20 feet to 500 yards. Most of the targets are steel with a couple of paper targets thrown in on the "Run n' Gun" station.

I do have a static "square range" like you have in your picture, but we really prefer to shoot the scrambler courses as they represent a much better test of skills than a flat square range.

Damn I wish I had 500-600 yards.  I can get 300 but only to zero on paper.

Do you shoot 3-gun?  The scrambler course sounds just like it!

No, I do 2-gun Run n' Guns. My scrambler has pistol stages, carbine stages and combination stages.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 11:00:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Which of those targets do you use for rifle practice? How close do you get? The published minimum safe distances sort of limit what you can practice with the rifle, but I've seen videos of 3-gun guys practicing on steel silhouettes inside 20 yards with their rifles.

Do you have an example of drills or courses of fire you practice with your steel (rifle, pistol, or shotgun)?
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 11:45:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 11:52:25 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

The other target I shoot a lot with both rifle, pistol, and slugs are the three MGM Targets B/C zone is a full size Ipsc silhouette minus the outer D zone.  The cool part about the MGM C Zone target is the bracket that it hangs on.  The bracket makes the target hang backwards at the bottom at a 30 degree angle.  That cause the splatter to go downward.  So you can shoot these up close with a .223.

View Quote

Thanks a bunch for the info. How close are you able to get with that sloping target design?

I ask because that target manufactures always give fairly long minimum safe distances due to liability concerns.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 12:02:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 12:38:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

The MGM targets website says 15 yards.  That's close!!!
View Quote

MGM website says, "MGM strongly discourages shooting ANY steel at closer than 15 yards with handguns and from less than 100 yards with rifles."

Further down on their FAQ page it says, "Depending on firearm and ammunition, following a visual check of targets after initial shots, the MGM TAC BCC-Zone target can be shot at 50 yards or more with a rifle."
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 12:49:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 1:21:19 PM EDT
[#15]
My gun collection is tiny 2 pistols, 3 rifles.  My target collection is 0.  I shoot at a semi-public range (low membership fee, large member count).  100yd max, would have to set up and take down each trip.  And I drive a sedan

Any recommendations?
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 1:26:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 2:01:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for the input!
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 5:08:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Got a few more targets in (26- BC zone, 8 - 11"x15" and 20 - 5"x5")

I buy the AR500 steel in 4'x10' plates and have my buddies at a large manufacturing facility cut it up on their water jet machine. It's good to have buddies in such places. I buy the steel wholesale from the same supplier this manufacturing facility gets it and it includes free delivery to the plant.

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 7:51:39 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Got a few more targets in (26- BC zone, 8 - 11"x15" and 20 - 5"x5")

I buy the AR500 steel in 4'x10' plates and have my buddies at a large manufacturing facility cut it up on their water jet machine. It's good to have buddies in such places. I buy the steel wholesale from the same supplier this manufacturing facility gets it and it includes free delivery to the plant.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k162/sfdude/IMAG3313_zpsvjcb2zfm.jpg
View Quote
<--  jealous

Very cool.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top