Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2016 1:07:17 PM EDT
I need to take at least an intro Carbine course and need to be able to practice on a recurring basis.  The range we use for handgun practice can't support centerfire rifles, only handguns and 22lr rifles.  Of course we have public ranges for bench shooting, but I need to be able to work with a sling, work reloads, etc.  Cost is not a major consideration since if I buy a 15-22 in California I'm going to pay sales tax and DROS fees which significantly offsets the price difference between the two options.  I understand the 22lr uppers can be a bit finicky, but I'm willing to work the ammo problem and generally clean my handguns after every 300 round practice.  The light weight of the 15-22 is definitely a minus.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Rick
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 6:57:32 PM EDT
[#1]
my CMMG dedicated upper has been flawless.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 10:18:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I did go with the CMMG upper.  Probably cost me $100 addition, a bit more if I buy BUIS for the CMMG, but I believe running the same lower is worth a lot.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 12:12:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Look at CORE rifle uppers too. The use CMMG action as well. I have one and love t. They have some different rail options than CMMG.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 11:07:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I went with the 15-22, you can add weights to the rifle if that is your concern but it would probably not be worth the effort.
I got .22 versions of my pistol and rifle just in time for the great .22 ammo shortage.
I now have blowback Airsoft versions of them, just hope they don't have a BB shortage.

Google "AR .22 conversion problems" and "15-22 problems", might give you a clue which way you want to go.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 8:00:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
my CMMG dedicated upper has been flawless.
View Quote

My CMMG upper also eats anything you feed it.  It just flat out runs.  The Taccom upper I built is more finicky with ammo.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 5:30:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I was in the same situation and went CMMG, have been very happy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top