Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/22/2016 5:54:53 PM EDT
Any recommendations on the Sig Sauer Academy?  More specifically the Patrol Rifle Instructor and Semi-Auto Pistol Instructor courses?  I want to take these it'll give me some instructor credentials and I can use my GI Bill to pay for it.

Also looking for recommendations on where to stay (on the cheap), what to do in the area, and other suggestions.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 7:53:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Any recommendations on the Sig Sauer Academy?  More specifically the Patrol Rifle Instructor and Semi-Auto Pistol Instructor courses?  I want to take these it'll give me some instructor credentials and I can use my GI Bill to pay for it.

Also looking for recommendations on where to stay (on the cheap), what to do in the area, and other suggestions.
View Quote

also interested in these courses, specifically the pistol instructors course
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 8:01:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I did the patrol rifle and shotgun instructor classes. I posted a write-up in the training section on the rifle class. http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_9_19/233133_SIG_SAUER_Patrol_Rifle_Instructor_Class_AAR.html
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 11:01:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the recommendations.  Anyone going up for the classes in April?
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 10:08:36 PM EDT
[#4]
If you do it let us know. I was thinking of using my GI bill for the armorer and pistol instructor. I just have to find time to get out there..
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 3:24:53 AM EDT
[#5]
No offense to anyone but just head up, make sure to know your holdovers for your ar and keep the groups tight. I have been to Sig for pistol and rifle instructor and it is the most difficult course of fire for qualification. Not saying its impossible, but it is far from easy. The other thing is you will learn to hate the guy pictured on their target. You can look up the course of fire on youtube.
also, the rifle course is easier if you run a 50 yard zero. it seems to be ideal for this course. This was what I ran already so it all worked out.

great write up by nuke1
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 3:34:52 AM EDT
[#6]
[youtube]https://youtu.be/jzF1Kvv8fNE[/youtube]

here is a link to the rifle course and a description of how they score the hits on the target.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 4:51:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the video link.  My friend said the pistol test was difficult.  something like 6 shots in 4 seconds on a heart shaped target at 5 or 15 yards.

I'll probably get a loaner rifle from Sig.  Anyone know what type of rifles they loan out and if optics are included?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top