Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2015 9:20:18 PM EDT
Soooo..

Figured it was time to do some training since its been a couple of weeks...
Went did updrills on the square range last night w/ a buddy of mine from work, who is still regular army and a competent shooting partner and brings out my competitive spirit so we both get pretty fast as we give each other the number-commands..

However last few months i have been afflicted  a little by by a rotator cuff issue.
Likely caused by too many shoulder weight exercises  (until spring I would regularly do lifting, dips etc))

They injured me a bit but I took a couple weeks off and then tried again.. but it came back etc etc... rinse and repeat about 3 or 4 times.....This started in maybe February...

Soooo I stayed away from the weightroom and calisthenics since about April/May

But sometime it would flare back up and I coudltn explain it.
I never thought it could be connected to my shooting since my support hand carries 90% of the weight and exerts most of the force during updrills or general shooting.
And I am injured on my strong side...

So I was pretty sure it wasnt the shooting or drills.

Last night did  a solid hour taking turns doing updrill with my buddy at good speed.

Then THAT evening my shoulder felt worse than in months.

Went to the Doctor and he prescribed me some anti inflammatories and told me no updrills for at least  a month

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top