Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2015 4:42:09 PM EDT
I want to keep a record of my range activities, for all of my guns (Pistol, Shotgun and Rifle).

I'm NOT trying to track specific environmental factors (windage, elevation, etc.) or accuracy, beyond basic group size.

All of the shooting logs, that I have seen are geared for long-range/sniper notes.

Instead, I want to log stuff like:

[*]Date
    [*]Which gun was fired
    [*]Which magazine(s) were used (I label them)
    [*]Which ammunition (Brand/Product)
    [*]How many rounds were fired
    [*]Number and type of issues (FTL/FTF/FTE)
    [*]Group size
    [*]Other thoughts (recoil, sighting, etc.)[/INDENT]
    [*]Maintenance dates for each gun and what was done
    [*]Other?

This way, I can easily note which ammo works well/poorly with every gun, or even isolate it to a specific magazine that might be failing.  And also make sure that every guns gets proper maintenance.

I was going to mock something up in Excel and share it out, if anyone else would use it.  But first, I was hoping for some input on other info that you guys think would be useful to collect.

Or if you know of a good log book, along these lines, please let me know.

TIA!
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 7:25:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I like the idea. I have never really found one I liked. I would add:

Weather, wind, temp.
Reload components if a reloader.
Chronograph velocity.

In on this one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top