Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2015 3:40:17 PM EDT
Edit: deleted to remove links.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 4:07:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I was at the first Rifleman Challenge in March 2015.  
Unlike all of the other courses I have been to, the Rifleman Challenge sets a standard.
What does that standard mean?
It means that you have met a minimum PT standard (2 miles up and down WV hills with 30 lb pack and rifle) and can perform small unit tactics, weapons manipulation and marksmanship, and basic land navigation.

This is something that sets us apart from the rest of the gun owning community.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 4:39:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I was at the September 2015 Challenge.  It was awesome.  Made Rifleman.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 5:15:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Got Vanguard. All my regular peeps got envious and started tab'ing after that ;)    It was worth my effort just for that (them PT'ing, not the envy).

Planning my training schedule for next year and will be back up there at least a couple more times. Great stuff, always good folks and I always get something out of it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 9:17:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I need to get back into tabbing.
My PT just failed this summer with the work travel and business lunches taking away my lunch PT time
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 8:23:52 AM EDT
[#5]
I know what you mean. I trained regularly for a few weeks for the Challenge, but since then I've only tabbed about 4 times. I've been showing my son how to jog with a ruck. At home on mostly flat ground my best time has been about 18:20 ish. I've been running it with my teenage son and helping him through it. He shaved a minute off from 22:08 down to 21:05 last weekend. He was spent. Him and I have a lot of good natured back and forth regarding these sorts of things. As he was spent and I wasn't I told him "thanks for the leisurely run son. "
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top