Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2015 10:13:27 PM EDT
I am interested in getting instruction on shooting from moving vehicles, rifle and/or pistol. Anyone know of a facility or instructor? Thank you, DannerTrax
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:29:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Go to the quarry near your home, Give scale operator a 6 pack and ask when they are done for the day.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 2:01:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Go to the quarry near your home, Give scale operator a 6 pack and ask when they are done for the day.
View Quote

Sorry, unfortunately all states don't operate on beer and freedom, this wont work where I am currently located. DannerTrax
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 4:00:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I am interested in getting instruction on shooting from moving vehicles, rifle and/or pistol. Anyone know of a facility or instructor? Thank you, DannerTrax
View Quote

There's a lot of this sort of thing on YouTube.  Some of it better than others.  (A lot better!)  Here's one of the more tolerable Training Videos!
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 7:39:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 2:41:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Outside of a LE or mil function, there are very few scenarios where a civilian would ever need to fire for defense from a moving vehicle.  I've never seen a course offered to civilians for this nor do I think there will ever be one.  It's just not needed.  If you have the appropriate credentials, then I can point you in a few directions.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:15:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shooting from a moving vehicle is incredibly difficult and especially so if the road surface isn't smooth and particularly if you're off road.

The problem is not so much finding instruction, it's figuring out how to conduct sustainment training. If you can't practice what you've learned, you won't benefit from the class.

Any particular reason you're interested in such a class?
View Quote

Good point. Its just training I haven't had and thought it would be fun. Thanks, DannerTrax
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:27:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I have setup some matches where you shot from moving and stationary vehicles at night.

The first moving was passenger side from a moving truck with a number of targets down range I think around 20 , truck stopped hop out and proceed to the next stage.

The shooting from a stationary was from the same truck, through the busted windshield at I think 30 steel rounds from 4 to 8 inches in diameter the gunsmoke was so thick inside the cab guys including myself couldn't see the targets through the gunsmoke being lit up by the light.  smart guys crawled up and put their muzzle threw the giant hole in the windshield and let the gunsmoke exhaust outside the truck.

I need to do some more of those crazy night matches thinking about it.

hey I do have like 50 pounds of binary laying around!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top