Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2015 7:38:35 PM EDT
I am new to the Glock 17. I purchased it last fall and have only fired it a few times. Tonight I decided to spend some time getting familiar so I did slow, controlled draws from concealment and spent some time practicing to learn the reset of the trigger. For that drill I fired double taps, just trying to get used to the reset.

I found most of my shots stringing to 7-8 O'clock on the target which the shooters "Wheel of misfortune" diagnoses as 'Jerking".  So far so good but what I find on examination is that my trigger finger is dragging on the inside bottom of the trigger guard as I press the trigger. Now I believe I WAS jerking due to learning the trigger but dragging trigger guard doesn't seem right either and may be producing a similar effect.

Anyone else experience this? Any suggestions?  It's a gen 4 with no backstraps added and the fit is about as good as it's going to get with my short fingers.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 9:20:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Dragging the bottom of the trigger guard shouldn't cause any problem by itself unless it's pinching your finger and inducing a flinch.

You're either stabbing at the trigger or squeezing with your entire firing hand instead of just the trigger finger. Mix in some snap caps with live ammo to see exactly what's going on.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:04:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I'll try that. I can see that the pistol is not coming straight back in recoil but off to the left and, yes, you're probably right about the trigger.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 2:54:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks, I'll try that. I can see that the pistol is not coming straight back in recoil but off to the left and, yes, you're probably right about the trigger.
View Quote

Recoil is going to be a grip issue (specifically support hand for what you're describing), but poor grip by itself won't cause accuracy issues.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 3:28:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 3:33:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top