Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2015 10:48:14 PM EDT
The wife suggested we take a trip together.  She would like to shop and such while I take a training class. Ive taken a basic NRA pistol course in the past and shoot regularly but think I should probably take a beginner class.

I'm looking for suggestions on quality training located near some good shopping and entertainment for the wife. What do you guys have?

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:27:44 PM EDT
[#1]
My wife had a coworker who attended the Sig Sauer Academy in New Hampshire while his wife busied herself during that day. I'm not certain what the shopping is like out there, but I'm guessing it may beat Moyock North Carolina or Thunder Ranch in Oregon. Tiger Valley is in Mart, Texas, which is about 1.5 or so hours south of Dallas.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 8:51:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Front Sight, Nv.

Las Vegas to Front Sight is about an hours drive.

You are in Co, so drive down so you can take her purchases back.

If you look around you can find Memberships for a few hundred dollars that will cover all the classes they teach, thus she can spend more on shinny things.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 3:33:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Another option is EAG Tactical (Pat Rogers) in December, down in Lakeland, FL.

He usually does a pistol class, followed by a carbine class.

Tampa and Orlando are very close. Disney, outlet mall shopping, etc.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:36:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The wife suggested we take a trip together.  She would like to shop and such while I take a training class. Ive taken a basic NRA pistol course in the past and shoot regularly but think I should probably take a beginner class.

I'm looking for suggestions on quality training located near some good shopping and entertainment for the wife. What do you guys have?

View Quote

Come out to Sig Academy in NH. You can stay in NH and take a class. Your wife can go shopping in Boston. It's only about an hour away driving.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 6:29:27 PM EDT
[#5]
+1 on Front Sight.  They have lots of beginner classes, and more advanced courses.  Even courses for children while parents shoot.  Very affordable.  Las Vegas is about 45-60 minute drive away.  However due to the long days (7:30am-6pm) + driving time, you probably won't be seeing much entertainment on class days.  Save the entertainment for before the course starts or after it finishes.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 7:28:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Come out to Sig Academy in NH. You can stay in NH and take a class. Your wife can go shopping in Boston. It's only about an hour away driving.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Portsmouth, Exeter proper or Kittery all have decent shopping and the ocean is right there.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 4:12:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
+1 on Front Sight.  They have lots of beginner classes, and more advanced courses.  Even courses for children while parents shoot.  Very affordable.  Las Vegas is about 45-60 minute drive away.  However due to the long days (7:30am-6pm) + driving time, you probably won't be seeing much entertainment on class days.  Save the entertainment for before the course starts or after it finishes.
View Quote

+2

The entertainment capital of the world is just over the mountain...can't beat that.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 10:54:36 PM EDT
[#8]
PFC is in Vegas.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 9:26:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Portsmouth, Exeter proper or Kittery all have decent shopping and the ocean is right there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are a ton of TAX-FREE malls in NH. Rockingham Mall in Salem, NH is only ~25 miles from Exeter. Merrimack has the Outlet Mall, Pheasant Lane Mall in Nashua, etc. She can shop until you are bankrupt while you take classes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top