Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2015 10:02:36 AM EDT
Here's a question for all you who have been to an Appleseed event...

All the basic Appleseed events I've seen are two-day events taking place on a Sat-Sun weekend. For various reasons I can't attend a Sunday class (frustrating since most advanced carbine stuff is on Sunday in my area). So my question is, if I attend on Saturday and don't return Sunday, how much am I missing? I've heard that the majority of the instruction/shooting happens on Sat but want some real life reports.

Is it still worth doing if I can't attend the whole thing?

ETA: Signed up for the Appleseed forums but all the forums are either read-only or not appropriate for this topic.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:41:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I attended a  1 day Appleseed last year,  19 April ,Easter Sunday problem. I had to fly into Anchorage,rent a car etc.etc. Still worthwhile.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:10:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, the majority of the instruction is on Saturday.  I have done a couple of shoots, and liked them.  I would say yes, it is worth going, if only for Saturday.  Here's a Arfcom AAR from 3 years ago, when I did a shoot with a 300BLK:
AQT link

Ask if you have any questions..
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 12:12:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Just Do It!

Well worth it.  I've done Sat only, Full Weekend and Sun only.  Most of the instruction is on Sat.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 7:14:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I agree with everyone else... Just do it! Its one of the best values in training out there and a damned good history lesson.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 8:03:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Appleseed instructor here. Most of the instruction is done on Saturday, with all the teaching for steady hold factors in standing, seated and prone, natural point of aim and six steps of the shot. Typically, you will get in one or two army qualification tests (AQT) at the end of Saturday.

Sunday is usually several more AQTs, review of Saturday topics and Full Distance instruction (range estimation, come-ups, etc.).

If you can only make one day, it needs to be Saturday. All in all, it's the best $60 you can spend on training.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:58:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm a little late to the topic, but I'll chime in since I've done a Saturday only, and Saturday+Sunday.

Saturday is the day of instruction hands down. My first Appleseed I attended one day only and it dramatically improved my shooting. I attended another shoot a couple of years later and still saw benefit on Saturday, making rifleman that afternoon along with one other shooter.  The class was full of relatively experienced and solid shooters, but Sunday honestly seemed like a waste; it was AQT after AQT with little instruction, just trying to get everyone their patch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top