Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2014 1:53:39 PM EDT
Looking for any input for some armorers training.  I contacted a few manufacturers and they do not allow civilians to attend their courses, I happen to be a recently retired police officer starting up my own business and now I can attend these classes!  Sucks... Can anyone recommend some good armorers courses for Colt, Smith&Wesson and the AR15/10 platform?

Link Posted: 10/8/2014 2:15:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't many of the places allow FFLs do it? If so get your FFL. Doesn't mean you have to start a gun shop.

Link Posted: 10/8/2014 7:23:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 10:50:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Look up Greg Sullivan on this site (SLR15). He does open enrollment armorers courses.
View Quote

+1.  Sully's courses on the AR are first rate, hands on and comprehensive.  I'm sure his others are just as great.

http://www.thedefensiveedge.com/category_s/3.htm
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 12:08:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:17:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Right on thanks gents!  The more I looked online, your classes would pop up.  Definitely going to attend one in early 2015...
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 2:11:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Most companies will open up for retired LE. Send them a copy of your retirement I.D.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 6:50:16 PM EDT
[#7]
See if you can find a small agency that needs an armorer.   Volunteer to be theirs.  Don't overlook some junior colleges that have gunsmith training.  I took my first armorer courses at Lassen College.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 7:04:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Ken Elmore, owner of Specialized Armament, has allowed retired LEO's and retired .mil (and a few civilians) in his armorers courses. He usually does a few in CA a year. He taught for Colt for 10 years and helped develop their Armorers course.  

http://www.specializedarmament.com/pages/2013_schedule.html

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top