Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2014 1:29:11 AM EDT
Does he contribute innovative training?  Are his courses competitive in content with others on the market?

Edited to say I need to renew my membership!

Link Posted: 8/10/2014 2:02:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Everyone out there is teaching different pieces of the pie.  I've spend a lot of time with Ayoob, Farnam, and Suarez and his cadre.  All are valuable, each is different.  Suarez material is the most dynamic.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 3:21:18 AM EDT
[#2]
As in gabe suarez?

Douchebag shill. I think its sig rifles this month. Talks like he is some kind of warrior, was really just a cop. A cop that got busted lying about being disabled to bilk the department out of money. Then when his scam fell apart he claims to have packed up his gear and began driving to his former office to murder his former coworkers in a shooting spree when he heard the voice of god.

He told that story on 700 club iirc.

scumbag and liar with little to no actual combat experience that planned to murder a bunch of cops before jesus saved him.  Its your money, spend it wisely.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 3:40:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As in gabe suarez?

Douchebag shill. I think its sig rifles this month. Talks like he is some kind of warrior, was really just a cop. A cop that got busted lying about being disabled to bilk the department out of money. Then when his scam fell apart he claims to have packed up his gear and began driving to his former office to murder his former coworkers in a shooting spree when he heard the voice of god.

scumbag and liar with little to no actual combat experience that planned to murder a bunch of cops before jesus saved him.  Its your money, spend it wisely.
View Quote

Pretty much what I was gonna say.

I hear his insight on active shooters is spot on......
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 3:45:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

As in gabe suarez?

View Quote

I think it's ARs now but he calls them all 'M4s'

He's really great at developing a cult like following and then selling them products over and over.  Marketing genius.

IIRC though, he did recently force his trainers to meet fitness expectations, which weeded out a few of them.

I have no clue if the training is worth any money.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 10:41:53 AM EDT
[#5]
His website doesn't look very heavily trafficked.  I remember years ago it was the AK but quit frequenting the site when he made a concerted effort to go "upscale."  It was weird, talking about Hugo Boss and Tag watches everywhere.

I did a basic pistol class with one of his instructors years ago.  It was a little too basic with my skill level but appeared to be OK.  Never trained with anyone else.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 10:03:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Tier C (criminal)
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 4:54:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
As in gabe suarez?

View Quote

I though Yeager was the one that was going to shoot up his workplace?
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 5:28:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As in gabe suarez?

Nope.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 2:24:31 PM EDT
[#9]
As a negative, I would say that judging from his internet posts alone he comes off as stubornly opinionated and wouldn't have a teaching style that I would pay to experience.  However, he does appear to be very experienced with using Red Dot Sights on pistols and I would listen to what he had to say regarding that subject bearing in mind he also is in the business of selling slides cut for them.  He was also one of the first instructors I saw to be a strong advocate for appendix carry recently before he came back into style (ie all the new appendix hoslters).  Right now I wouldn't choose to attend one of his courses given the other alternatives available.  I do like to keep an open mind though and would be willing to attend one of his classes if people I knew well recommended him to me.

If your training budget is as tight as mine and your time is as finite you have to be careful in who you train under.  For half the cost of one of his courses I can attend a course by a reputable highly recommended training company in my state.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top